Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protected Music

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Rocktron@19 February 2003 - 06:18
    1 - Burn a 80min cd.. full! With cd quality MP3 files... let's say 128/kbps (most MP3 files on Kazaa are 128/kbps)

CD quality would be 192 bitrate or higher...not 128.Not spaming just hate it when somebody post that 128 is CD quality...why do you think most people on Kazaa have them at 128....cause they think that.Maybe a few years ago when harddrives were small but not now...rip them to 192 or higher...192 is almost perfect.I will except 160 or higher personally but 192 should be the standard nowadays not this 128 junk.

And yes wave files are the best.....but look at the size....them things are huge.

2. Music   -   #12
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I really cant tell the difference between 128k and 192k. The only difference i notice is size. 2 or 3 megs may not be much, but it adds up when you have hundreds even thousands of songs.

3. Music   -   #13
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    Supernatural, there IS a huge difference between 128 and 192. Try burning them to a disc and playing them on a decent stereo: the 128 bitrate will suck.

but you don't really notice a difference on pc speakers, that's true...

4. Music   -   #14
    i gotta thankyou all for making this such an interesting and helpful topic. I have just found out that when u remove files from kazza it deletes them from yr hard drive ( why do they allow that!&#33 So, now im trying my hardest to find aprogram to retreive them but its not looking good. Well pissed off, thats 500 + songs gone.

For furture ref, if u receive a mp3, recorded at 128, thats it there is no way of increasing it?

cheers

5. Music   -   #15
    Poster
    You can't increase the quality of 128k mp3 to 192k. You can convert them to 192k or higher if you want to, but the original quality has already been lost while converting to 128k.

To all of you who are discussing about mp3 rates:

128 Kbps mp3 can look the same as 192k if you know how to encode them.
    Of course 192k will always be better than 128k but you won't be able to tell the difference (except if you're a dog or Super Man ).
    Ripped from CD WAV files have CD quality, since they are the uncompressed format of audio files.

192k mp3 is the best bitrate to download since it's fool proof.
    Anyone that doesn't understand very well how to rip/encode audio files and tries to do it using a 192k bitrate, will for sure get a near CD audio quality no matter what encoding options they use.

6. Music   -   #16
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by DataMore@19 February 2003 - 16:11

128 Kbps mp3 can look the same as 192k if you know how to encode them.
    Of course 192k will always be better than 128k but you won't be able to tell the difference (except if you're a dog or Super Man ).
    Ripped from CD WAV files have CD quality, since they are the uncompressed format of audio files.

That's right!

As i said before.. somewhere on this forum, i rip all my files in 128/kbps because it's not to big for the Uploaders.
    Sure 192 is better that's true! But not all users have a good connection!
    But i rip my files with AudioCatalyst, and i get a lot of questions about the program i rip them with!

AudioCatalyst rips the files in Joint Stereo...
    I download a lot of files that are 128 or 192 and they suck!

The program that you do it with.. that's what counts!

7. Music   -   #17
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by DataMore@19 February 2003 - 11:19

192k mp3 is the best bitrate to download since it's fool proof.
    Anyone that doesn't understand very well how to rip/encode audio files and tries to do it using a 192k bitrate, will for sure get a near CD audio quality no matter what encoding options they use.
    my big hairy arse cheeks

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

8. Music   -   #18
    masterpiece21's Avatar 5C 12.24.42
    I dont notice the difference with 128k and 192k either.but for FC,the musicworld guru(seems it),i have been ripping all my cds at 192k Tho i think it was Rocktron who said its the program that you rip it with that counts,well i use FreeRip 2.70,is that any good?works4me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12