Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protected Music

i have realised that i can not burn songs through nero or win media because when i copied them from the orginal cd's i left the protect music tab on. Is there any way of rectifiying this?

cheers
    rob

2. Music   -   #2
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    What is the file extension of the files you copied? .CDA ???

Not the way to copy a song man!
    I did the same thing just now, to test it... and it can't be played by Winamp... but only from the original cd.
    So i think if you copy it like that it's not really making a copy of the whole thing!?

Try to rip the songs next time with AudioCatalyst!
    And rip them with the best quality possible! (choices are .Wav and .Mp3) Wave is the best uncompressed option i think?

Maybe someone else in here has an solution?
    I never tryed this before...

Good Luck!

3. Music   -   #3
    imported_uncle_cracker
    Originally posted by warby21@18 February 2003 - 12:54
    i have realised that i can not burn songs through nero or win media because when i copied them from the orginal cd's i left the protect music tab on. Is there any way of rectifiying this?

cheers
    rob
    what do you mean?

do you want to copy a disc to another or do you want to copy the files to your harddrive first?

the second doesn't work
    you will only copy the "link" to the track (1 KB) and the track will remain on the disc.
    to get the completetrack you have to "rip" it ... for that you had to use software, for example windac or like mentioned above xing audiocatalyst.

for win98 there is another solution: you can use a modified cdfs.vxd !!! with that you can "see" the wave-files of the cd in two folders in explorer. these files can then be copied to your harddrive.

the modified cdfs.vxd you can find for example here.

you have to put it into "Windows | System | Iosubsys" (win98). make a backup of the original cdfs.vxd

if you want to copy a disc to another disc to make a backup for your own you have to use clonecd if it's protected.

cu

4. Music   -   #4
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    MP3 is usually preferrable, because WAV files are generally lower quality and much, much bigger.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. Music   -   #5
    great help, thanks lads. It is wma file. I am a bit confused with all this at the moment, but it sounds like i do not need a new cd burner as a sales asst at the local pc shop said.

I thought that ripping is the same as copying from windows media 9 or nero. What ever files i download or copy onto my hard drive automatically is a wma file. R u saying i should always make it a mp3 file? and if so how would i change my system settings to do this.

once again tks, i will try using the audiocatalyst. All i want to do is burn a complimation cd for a freind. Looks like another belated b'day pressie eh!

cheers

6. Music   -   #6
    I had this problem with WMP 9 it would'nt let me copy the songs from a disk because i left the protect music

tab on , so i reinstalled it and went back it to the tools, options, Copy Music, and changed the settings it

works fine now.

If you only have WMP, once they have coppied the file type will say Windows Media Audio.

If you have Winamp3 installed it will convert them for you to Mp3.

Hope this helps

7. Music   -   #7
    Poster
    Unprotect wma

Might work

8. Music   -   #8
    brilliant, that unfuck program fixes the protection issue.

Im wondering if u want to burn cd's does it mean u need an mp3 player if all yr files are in this format?

Also, excuse my ignorance, but inorder for me to rip-em to mp3, i need a program thats compatible with xp and audiocatalyst is not. Does anybody have a program to mention. I know winamp is one, is that a good program?

thanks lads, uve been a great help

9. Music   -   #9
    well i use easy cd_da extracter to do my ripping of cds to my hard drive and i have no trouble compilling then on a cd
    u can extract the mp3 files to cd formats.
    The artist is poikosoft
    i hope it works and u can find it
    i found it on kazaa under ripper and its clean from viruses the version i had was Easy CD-Da extracter 4.5.0

10. Music   -   #10
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@19 February 2003 - 02:32
    MP3 is usually preferrable, because WAV files are generally lower quality and much, much bigger.
    Not true!

A wave file is a direct recording from the original!
    A MP3 file is a compression without (they say) the frequencys you can't hear anyway! (I hear it&#33
    You can't only hear it but see it to!

A test..:

1 - Burn a 80min cd.. full! With cd quality MP3 files... let's say 128/kbps (most MP3 files on Kazaa are 128/kbps)
    2 - Turn the burned cd around.. check how full your disc is.. it's 80 minutes but the disc seems to have more space for burning!

3 - Burn a 80min cd.. full!! With good quality .wav files standard 44,100 16 bit.
    4 - Turn you burned cd around... it's full!

Why do you think? Not just because it's bigger, but because it containes more data... so.., more quality!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast