Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Replacing My Hsf

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+28 December 2003 - 23:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 28 December 2003 - 23:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@28 December 2003 - 23:20
    <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234
    @28 December 2003 - 23:12
    Yes, but you would have to build your own custom fan adaptor.

http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=31516&hl=

yea. i noticed that back when u 1st posted it. i don&#39;t have any metal though. and if i can just put the fan in withouth the adapter, that would work. plus, the hsf was originally 80mm. i&#39;ll try it with one of my case fans 1st. another q. if i pull those clamps and remove the hsf, will i be able to put them back? i don&#39;t have any grease with me
    You probably wont find many 80MM fans that are better the then stock one, for specfically cooling the processor. Atleast, not normal case ones. Also, your clamps, which are needed to clamp the stock HS/F to the assembly on the mobo, are special, so unless you can get the fan to be held down SECURELY with those clamps, your going to be out of luck using the HS. [/b][/quote]
    if those clamps are required, y is it that none of the other hsf, such as th aero 4, have the clamps?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+28 December 2003 - 23:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 28 December 2003 - 23:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@28 December 2003 - 23:24

yea. i noticed that back when u 1st posted it. i don&#39;t have any metal though. and if i can just put the fan in withouth the adapter, that would work. plus, the hsf was originally 80mm. i&#39;ll try it with one of my case fans 1st. another q. if i pull those clamps and remove the hsf, will i be able to put them back? i don&#39;t have any grease with me

You probably wont find many 80MM fans that are better the then stock one, for specfically cooling the processor. Atleast, not normal case ones. Also, your clamps, which are needed to clamp the stock HS/F to the assembly on the mobo, are special, so unless you can get the fan to be held down SECURELY with those clamps, your going to be out of luck using the HS.
    if those clamps are required, y is it that none of the other hsf, such as th aero 4, have the clamps? [/b][/quote]
    Woah woah woah, disregard what I just said, I wasnt thinking about the HS/F right.

Man its been awhile since I have had a P4 Board and CPU.

No wait, wait a second, dont those clips on the side clip onto part of the motherboard? To help secure the heatsink to the processor?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+28 December 2003 - 23:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 28 December 2003 - 23:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@28 December 2003 - 23:33
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@28 December 2003 - 23:24

You probably wont find many 80MM fans that are better the then stock one, for specfically cooling the processor. Atleast, not normal case ones. Also, your clamps, which are needed to clamp the stock HS/F to the assembly on the mobo, are special, so unless you can get the fan to be held down SECURELY with those clamps, your going to be out of luck using the HS.

if those clamps are required, y is it that none of the other hsf, such as th aero 4, have the clamps?
    Woah woah woah, disregard what I just said, I wasnt thinking about the HS/F right.

Man its been awhile since I have had a P4 Board and CPU.

No wait, wait a second, dont those clips on the side clip onto part of the motherboard? To help secure the heatsink to the processor? [/b][/quote]
    the other hsfs, such as aero 4 and so on, have their own "clips" that clip onto the "box like" slot on the socket 478 boards. the intel hsf has 2 huge clips to do wat the little clips on the other hsfs do. i&#39;m wondering if the fan in the intel hsf actually comes out.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #54
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I think you should just go with the advice Clocker gave you on like the 4th reply. Put an 80mm Fan on it. I have an awesome blue led fan that blows a good amount of air and is quiet and looks awesome. I think Im going to do that myself.

My temps are at 32 Cpu Idle and 20 Mobo Idle. When I get it at 100 usage it goes up to like 36C....I&#39;m very please...but never enough. I want to get the fan adapter

Where can I get some adapter...I cant find any
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #55
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    bigdawg, look at my post above with the link. Maybe you can use that for your fan adaptor if you cannot find one.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #56
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    at a glance, I thought this thread was titled "Reaching My Hat"

that sucks.

I really had some good advice on straining for headgear.

oh well.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

7. Software & Hardware   -   #57
    When I&#39;m just messin around on the comp...listening to music, on kazaa, and chattin my CPU is at 31...I am very pleased with this ...just think if I had an 80mm fan on it too&#33; lol

Thanks VB I will check it out...VB I have no tools to cut or any metal or nothing really...I could prob just find one that dont look TOO confusing tho.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #58
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@29 December 2003 - 00:18
    I think you should just go with the advice Clocker gave you on like the 4th reply. Put an 80mm Fan on it. I have an awesome blue led fan that blows a good amount of air and is quiet and looks awesome. I think Im going to do that myself.

My temps are at 32 Cpu Idle and 20 Mobo Idle. When I get it at 100 usage it goes up to like 36C....I&#39;m very please...but never enough. I want to get the fan adapter

how do u get ur mobo that low? my mobo&#39;s at same temp as my cpu

9. Software & Hardware   -   #59
    I got 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans... and one intake is angled towards my cpu...seems to work pretty good lol...

Google brought up some nice sites. I typed in "fan adapters". Got lots of nice links. Get a cool UV one for 5 bucks that looks pretty nice...lots of other options to if you want 60mm to 120mm...but i have an extra 80mm blue led fan that would look GORGEOUS cooling my cpu.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #60
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+29 December 2003 - 01:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 29 December 2003 - 01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx@29 December 2003 - 00:18
    I think you should just go with the advice Clocker gave you on like the 4th reply.&nbsp; Put an 80mm Fan on it.&nbsp; I have an awesome blue led fan that blows a good amount of air and is quiet and looks awesome.&nbsp; I think Im going to do that myself.

My temps are at 32 Cpu Idle and 20 Mobo Idle.&nbsp; When I get it at 100 usage it goes up to like 36C....I&#39;m very please...but never enough.&nbsp; I want to get the fan adapter

how do u get ur mobo that low? my mobo&#39;s at same temp as my cpu [/b][/quote]
    The SAME temp?

Hmm, Interesting............

Is it, always? the same temp?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast