Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Replacing My Hsf

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+29 December 2003 - 01:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 29 December 2003 - 01:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@29 December 2003 - 01:12
    <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx
    @29 December 2003 - 00:18
    I think you should just go with the advice Clocker gave you on like the 4th reply. Put an 80mm Fan on it. I have an awesome blue led fan that blows a good amount of air and is quiet and looks awesome. I think Im going to do that myself.

My temps are at 32 Cpu Idle and 20 Mobo Idle. When I get it at 100 usage it goes up to like 36C....I&#39;m very please...but never enough. I want to get the fan adapter

Where can I get some adapter...I cant find any

how do u get ur mobo that low? my mobo&#39;s at same temp as my cpu
    The SAME temp?

Hmm, Interesting............

Is it, always? the same temp? [/b][/quote]
    under load, the mobo goes to aruond 40-42C. the cpu goes up to 46-48

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    What about idle? Are the temps rather close usually?

The thermistor thats taking the motherboard reading might be a bit too close to the processor itself.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    The more that I cruise through different forums the more distrust I see of the temp readings generated by onboard motherboard sensors.
    The general consensus seems to be that they are all whack and useful mainly to compare differences in setups not as absolute valid temp readings.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    Originally posted by clocker@29 December 2003 - 08:53
    The more that I cruise through different forums the more distrust I see of the temp readings generated by onboard motherboard sensors.
    The general consensus seems to be that they are all whack and useful mainly to compare differences in setups not as absolute valid temp readings.
    good good. well, yesterday my room was pretty warm too. it&#39;s cooling down a bit now. still. for less than &#036;30. what hsf should i get? cuz i might not bother messing with my current hsf and break it. so i&#39;ll just get a new one and sell this. any other suggestions for a good hsf under &#036;30? thanks

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@29 December 2003 - 08:34
    i might not bother messing with my current hsf and break it. so i&#39;ll just get a new one and sell this. any other suggestions for a good hsf under &#036;30? thanks
    Why would you break it and who is going to buy it?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #66
    Originally posted by clocker+29 December 2003 - 10:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 29 December 2003 - 10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@29 December 2003 - 08:34
    i might not bother messing with my current hsf and break it. so i&#39;ll just get a new one and sell this. any other suggestions for a good hsf under &#036;30? thanks
    Why would you break it and who is going to buy it? [/b][/quote]
    that&#39;s a possiblilty. i might screw up wehn i try to take the current fan off of the hsf. on ebay, this thing sells for bout &#036;5-6. not much, but not bad either

7. Software & Hardware   -   #67
    Abu,
    Just out of curiousity...how much looking around for the magical &#036;30 HS have you done?
    Googling "heatsink comparison" will probably net you a couple of thousand results.
    You may get better feedback if you were to post " I have found these two HSFs after an exhaustive search and I can&#39;t decide between the two...any advice?"
    Personally, I don&#39;t feel like spending hours searching for a product that I can&#39;t even use....but I might spend a few minutes looking at one or two links.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #68
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Originally posted by clocker@29 December 2003 - 07:53
    If all of the software is Whack..what do we use to check our temps? If we go into our bios then thats not a very accurate reading, because are computers arent really doing anything.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

9. Software & Hardware   -   #69
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx+29 December 2003 - 10:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdawgfoxx @ 29 December 2003 - 10:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@29 December 2003 - 07:53
    If all of the software is Whack..what do we use to check our temps? If we go into our bios then thats not a very accurate reading, because are computers arent really doing anything. [/b][/quote]
    I do not advocate completely ignoring the temp readings...obviously I pay a great deal of attention to mine.
    What I&#39;m saying is that I accept that there a pretty good margin for error-possibly as high as 10%.
    To me, whether my chip is actually running at 29C ( which just so happens to be the current reading) or not is not as important as the fact that I now appear to be running about 5-6 degrees cooler than yesterday.
    It&#39;s the difference, not the actual temp, see?
    If my reading is off by 10% I don&#39;t really care, I&#39;m still well within the range I&#39;m hoping to maintain.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #70
    thanks. i&#39;ve read reviews, and most likely i&#39;ll go with the aero 4. all the other ones are ineffective and loud. unless someone here can disagree

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast