Thread: Ripping A Dvd

I want to rip a dvd to my hard drive can i use nero or do i need to dvdxcopy or a program related to that.I just did it about 2 weeks ago but my mind is blank today and i forgot what i used.And i also rember whatever i used ripped to my hardrive as VIDEO_TS so i can only play it on my computer now.I want something to rip it so i can burn it to a dvd later.(these are rented ones that's why i want to ripp them and share them.)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DVD Decrypter
    Smartripper
    etc.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Which do you suggest i just tried that stupid dvdxcopy again and sure as shit it ripped again to video_ts. So once again i have worthless dvd rip. why does this stupid program do this.The only movie that i ripped with that actually ripped to the right format was 15 minutes.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Both DVD Decrypter and SmartRipper are good. I use both because every now and then one will fail while the other will succeed. Goto http://www.doom9.org/ and http://www.dvdrhelp.com/ and read thier ripping guides. You can also DL the programs there. BTW, are you ripping to create a encode job or are you ripping to to make a DVD backup?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I am having the same problem. What format do I want to do so it can be played in a dvd player and how do I do it. I used dvd x copy platinum simple burn. Put rented dvd in step one put blank dvd in step two. Now my cpu dvd player wont even play it. This was my first burn I don't want a bunch of coasters. Can anyone help? Thank you.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i have just got a burner so have limited experience but i recomend dvdshrink this rips and compresses a dvd to whatever size you want(4.7GB), you can also re-author the dvd here(get rid of unwanted film and audio), this will save a bunch of .vob files to your hard drive and some other stuff. then you use a program called IMGTool which creates an image of a dvd from the .vob files, when thats done your ready to burn. i think i used dvddecrypt for this but have just got nero 6 which has an image burner so that should do it as well. i ripped pirates of the caribbean using this method and it took about 40 minutes. hope this helps, although would be interested in hearing if anyone else knows a faster way.

i should just say that the above programs and very good user guides are available at DOOM9