Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Lite Resurrection

ruffbuffy Posted on 27 December 2003 - 19:42
      I'm trying out all the new K-lite versions: is it possible to install K-resurrected and #KL-chat build on the same comp? Or should I uninstall?

Thanks! 
    I just tried it briefly and it seemed to work ok, but it would be best to uninstall to avoid any conflicts.

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    Originally posted by Darth Vikram@27 December 2003 - 22:07
    ruffbuffy Posted on 27 December 2003 - 19:42
    I'm trying out all the new K-lite versions: is it possible to install K-resurrected and #KL-chat build on the same comp? Or should I uninstall?

Thanks!
    I just tried it briefly and it seemed to work ok, but it would be best to uninstall to avoid any conflicts.
    wow i really like this version thanks man
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Poster
    Is there a way to get the 'tools' menu and 'my shared folder' next to the traffic button?

EDIT: I found it, I was looking in the wrong place.

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Poster
    hey, Darth Vikram! As I said before, I offered to host your builds! I just added the new klr 2.4.5 to my site, so you don't have to worry if the other links go down, cose mine will always be there!
    Just remember not to make direct links to files, cose u'll get a *not permited* message!

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    First of all thnx. I dont know if anyone has suggested this but i think you should change the participation level to Supreme being(1000).

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    I think either of the two tools used to re-download corrupted parts of files (and automatically check them for corruption) should be implemented.

I also think, if this is within the scope of possibility, that you should be able to connect to multiple supernodes at once. From what I understand, Kazaa (lite) only searches for files on the supernode that you are currently connected to (however, the IPs of other users you have downloaded from are stored in the .dat files). Maybe add a feature to correct this, so that K-Lite clients that are functioning as supernodes can connect to other supernodes. This, I hear, is why FastTrack has so many users but you never seem to get enough sources. I always thought it would be a good idea to make a completely separate application for being a supernode, but I don't know a whole lot about the FastTrack protocol, so maybe that isn't such a good idea.

By the way, how do you make K++? Do you use a disassembler to edit it, or is there another way to manipulate menus and components?

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    So what should I use, K-Lite Resurrection 2.45 or K-Lite 2.5/2.6?

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    Poster
    I recommend you #klchat RC6. Or cleanKMD 2.6 if you have Windows 98/ME.

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    ultimatejester Posted on 28 December 2003 - 09:34
      First of all thnx. I dont know if anyone has suggested this but i think you should change the participation level to Supreme being(1000). 
    Do you mean I should change it from K-Lite Master to Supreme Being? Because it's already at 1000.

goldwing Posted on 28 December 2003 - 12:17
      I think either of the two tools used to re-download corrupted parts of files (and automatically check them for corruption) should be implemented.

I also think, if this is within the scope of possibility, that you should be able to connect to multiple supernodes at once. From what I understand, Kazaa (lite) only searches for files on the supernode that you are currently connected to (however, the IPs of other users you have downloaded from are stored in the .dat files). Maybe add a feature to correct this, so that K-Lite clients that are functioning as supernodes can connect to other supernodes. This, I hear, is why FastTrack has so many users but you never seem to get enough sources. I always thought it would be a good idea to make a completely separate application for being a supernode, but I don't know a whole lot about the FastTrack protocol, so maybe that isn't such a good idea.

By the way, how do you make K++? Do you use a disassembler to edit it, or is there another way to manipulate menus and components?
    I have no idea how to get it to connect to multiple supernodes. If anyone else does, please tell us.

And about making Kazaa. For editing it I use ResHacker. For the tools and options, I just edit the registry. And for the setup I use Inno Setup.

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    I apologize for the ignorance, but here goes...
    What is Kazaa Lite Ressurection built on (ver. 2.6), with KLE??
    Which is better KLChat RC6 or Reurrection?
    s Resur. completely void of any spyware, adware, and advertisements?

Thanks

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast