Thread: Downloads Stop Downloading When

BANNED
    ok...downloading some movies, apps, and games....which are 700MB mostly....they go to like 95%+ and then just stop downloading....they download SOME time but its like it pauses after that....and the speed goes slower...

i had a download going at steady 100kb/s+ and when it hit 98.35% it stopped and was like that for like 3-4 days.... the file DID have plenty of sources though...

any ideas? thx

btw....any way to make shareaza use less resources?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    i had the same prob...i think there is a topic about this on the shareaza forum

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    On BT? Sometimes it's just because no one has the last couple pieces that you need so you have to get. and sometimes shareaza does that on downloads, not sure why.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    nah not on BT.....i dont use shareaza for BT..... its files from eDonkey, G1 and G2...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Old Fella
    I think the reason for this is that the closer you get to the end the less sources have the packets that you require to complete. So at the start you and others are downloading any old packets, but the more you download of a file the harder it is to find the packets you need.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Cyril@30 December 2003 - 18:21
    I think the reason for this is that the closer you get to the end the less sources have the packets that you require to complete. So at the start you and others are downloading any old packets, but the more you download of a file the harder it is to find the packets you need.
    grrr still sucks tho.... 3 movies on 95% or more.... and 2 cds on the same lol.... im still waiting tho

some files DO download pretty fast.... like a cd in one day or so