Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Port Scan?

Poster
    I havent used my PC since i last posted, i turned it on this morning and im not getting scanned. Dont know what it was but it seems to have stopped. My dads PC is not my problem, I try to help him out but he doesnt listen I guess its too inconvenient, oh well. Thanks for all your replies.

YOU HAVE 100 VIRUSES IN YOUR PC INCLUDING TROJAN'S - DO A LOW LEVEL FORMAT!
    Youre a stupid asshole!!!!!!! wtf was the point of that??

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    imported_computerfreak76
    don't worry about it dude, i get port scans and other kinds regularly, most come from other kazaa users when they are scanning your files and stuff like that.

i use norton internet security and it automatically blocks these users for 30 minutes. nothing has ever happened yet so I'm pretty sure nothing bad will come of it.

also if you ever do suspect someone has actually gotten through just shut it down immediately.

also its good if your isp supports a dynamic ip address.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Sid@2 March 2003 - 12:08
    I havent used my PC since i last posted, i turned it on this morning and im not getting scanned. Dont know what it was but it seems to have stopped. My dads PC is not my problem, I try to help him out but he doesnt listen I guess its too inconvenient, oh well. Thanks for all your replies.

YOU HAVE 100 VIRUSES IN YOUR PC INCLUDING TROJAN'S - DO A LOW LEVEL FORMAT!
    Youre a stupid asshole!!!!!!! wtf was the point of that??
    Don't mind him. It's just a sad cry for attention.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you use Zone Alarm or a Firewall problem on a LAN, make sure it is configured so that it allways allows each IP of all your computers on the LAN to have connection. Check the Log file and see if it's blocking the computer's ips on your LAN first. You can add an IP range if you have 4+ computers (ie. IP xxx.xxx.1.100 - xxx.xxx.1.104) Firewalls tend to block what they are not supposed to sometimes..g/l

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    as long as your firewall picks up the port scanning, and if its a good firewall it will block it

but it sounds like its just a common scan or just network sweep of ping < checking which computers are a live or respond.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    When I set up a firewall, I always permit 192.168.x.x. Most firewalls now do that for you, anyway, since those ranges are reserved for LAN machines. I&#39;m guessing that your computer is 192.168.0.1, and you have two other computers on the LAN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12