Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saying Thanks

Poster
    I often send a PM thanking users. The most common reply I seem to get though is "for what?" Go figure! I also send out PM's to users if they are downloading a hard to find file and I am going to disconnect (56k). I tell them I will reconnect asap so not to cancel. (Some people need to use the phone you know&#33

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by south-paw@19 February 2003 - 15:31
    Btw, Rocktron, if you were sharing some rare Jamaican ska singles, it wouldn't hurt to thank you for saving me years outa my life searching record shops and vinyl fairs!
    Sorry man,

i played in a Ska band long long a long time ago! Hhehehehee... and many Reggae Bands, but okay..
    Nope sorry, i don't have any Old Ska records! Mostley real Roots... but if you are living in The Netherlands, i have a site for you that has an amazing collection of everything!
    You can order it or get it yourself! PlayLand Records in Delft (The Netherlands)

But i share a lot of Dub / Reggae but also MUSE DVD rips or Heavy Metal!
    Try a search on Kazaa next time and search for "everything" and type: Rocktron
    Everything that comes on screen is my stuff or downloaded from me! (Usefull Tag info included in my own files! )

But hey! Try me South-Paw ask me something!

And about the issue of this topic again.. i always thank people that let me download at a good speed or when i find special files on them, i was looking for for a long time!

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by ugluk@19 February 2003 - 14:59
    some are, well, dumb really.
    This is what i get

On winmx, i used to get a lot of thank yous.
    On kazaa, usually nothing, or someone doesn't have a codec installed, and they tell me there is something wrong with my movies. Bastards

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@19 February 2003 - 15:31
    wow, you can rip vinyls?
    Yes .. You can to! Hheheheee.. takes a lot of time.
    Got to have a Pre Amp with a audio out!
    Plug it in your PC audio in. I record all my stuff with Soundforge 6.0.

Sounds amazing!

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Gambo@19 February 2003 - 16:55
    I often send a PM thanking users. The most common reply I seem to get though is "for what?" Go figure! I also send out PM's to users if they are downloading a hard to find file and I am going to disconnect (56k). I tell them I will reconnect asap so not to cancel. (Some people need to use the phone you know&#33
    Yes i know but this is because they don't know who you are...

I often say my thanks and end it with..:

(About the Muse - Hullaballoo DVD rip Files) ........or something!

Then they know who you are...

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    A lot of stuff I share are episodes of a tv series that is rather hard to find on Kazaa, so I tend to get quite a few thank you PMs from people. I also get a lot of "my goodness you must be obsessed with this show" PM's since I seem to be one of the few people out there that has every episode. I always send a thank you to anyone I've downloaded from, as long as I am at my computer monitoring the downloads. I also try to send a message to most people who upload from me as well, just to let them know what codecs and such they might need for a particular file. Man I am just too nice, aren't I? But truly, I have found that by doing this, I meet a lot of really cool people, and I have made some good friends who I now trade files with over IM and ftp as well. Anything to keep the sharing alive and well.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    I share tv episodes too, and being that I taped them when I was very young, these now cancled shows never had the technology to be ripped from VHS. I think its cool that finally someone got a thank you. All I ever get is messages from nonsharers ordering me to get a faster connection. Doesnt matter anyway, because no one ever replies to those things. How can they? they are always offline by the time you hit send. Anyways I once found someone with episodes from one of my series, episodes I did not have. My seasons were almost complete, all they needed were those. I downloaded one, and decided to wait on the others. I messaged this user giving mad props for their collection, also explaining how I had episodes too they could download. My fear was that they would get off before I even finished one. I thought that if I got this guy to download some of my episodes he did not have, I could keep him online to complete mine. Unfortunately no reply and a few seconds later, I never again saw him.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    I did get a thank you once, when someone had downloaded Band of Brothers from me. Apparantly, he/she'd downloaded all the episodes from someone without even checking it. Turned out to be a fake, so I got thanked for my honesty. Its nice to be appreciated, but i've never said thanks to anyone yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12