Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice #2

Poster
    okay, some of you might have read my other post a couple thread down...if you didnt, oh well

but after deciding im gonna give my current set up to the little boy, i now have $400 dollars to spend on a new computer...not much, i know but so far i got all the important stuff for $342

Western Digital 80 gig hdd 7200rpm
    AMD Barton 2500+ 512k cache
    PMI 256mb pc3200 ram (i used to have a generic stick and nothigns wrong w/ it so fuck name brand )
    Oporite dual format 4x dvd burner
    ECS L7S7A2 (this would look good compare to my old pc chips board whihc work great, dont get y every saying bad stuff about it...what u expect for $30)

Speeze "whisperrock 2" hsf

and i have $58 left....now time to put in some money to get teh gfx card....any suggestion?

EDIT: shit i forgot the case....after the case, i have $14 left...now what can i get w/ 14 dollars.......i know, some UV cables

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@26 December 2003 - 23:20
    okay, some of you might have read my other post a couple thread down...if you didnt, oh well

but after deciding im gonna give my current set up to the little boy, i now have $400 dollars to spend on a new computer...not much, i know but so far i got all the important stuff for $342

PMI 256mb pc3200 ram (i used to have a generic stick and nothigns wrong w/ it so fuck name brand )
    ECS L7S7A2 (this would look good compare to my old pc chips board whihc work great, dont get y every saying bad stuff about it...what u expect for $30)

and i have $58 left....now time to put in some money to get teh gfx card....any suggestion?

EDIT: shit i forgot the case....after the case, i have $14 left...now what can i get w/ 14 dollars.......i know, some UV cables
    u dont really need a case!

but hey, ur screwd so what can i say. make more cash and get a 9600xt

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    y and how am i screwed?

oh and btw, i have cash...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@26 December 2003 - 23:20

u can still buy my card for $50 with $5 shipping, if u want.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    i dont think i will get a 5200 anymore.....

i need a job building computers....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    did some shopping for a case and i have a question on case liket his one
    the faceplate have buttons, does this mean that i can buy a beige dvd burner and use those silver faceplate instead of the beige one so tehy match w/ the case?

if not, then what are they for...oh and if it is, can i buy any optical drive and the faceplate will fit?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    That is the exact same case as I have.I put my burner in behind the cover and just had to modify the button a bit so that it would actually work right.It really isn't a bad case,lots of cooling(it's a real bitch to get the front fans in though). A word of advice though...get rid of the ugly ass multi color fan on the side panel.It is super ugly,get a blue one and it will match the front LED's.

By the way,how much are you paying for it? I got mine for 37 bucks canadian(no PSU though)
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    this w/ psu is 50 USD.

im thinking of either getting that or the raidmax scorpio series

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@27 December 2003 - 13:41
    this w/ psu is 50 USD.

u mean the 868 or the 668? i have the 868. great case!

868:

or 668:

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@27 December 2003 - 19:41
    this w/ psu is 50 USD.

Sweet jesus,that must be some power supply because those cases are very cheap.My case and a 420 watt PSU is only 60 canadian dollar
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast