Thread: Ed2k Links

Do you think Kazaalite will ever be able to take ed2k links? Sharereactor is probably the biggest place to release files. They would spread qucker if kazaalite would also take those files. I know there is other software out there that you can use but, im (along w/alot of others) are behind routers and gateways that wont allow us to use it. Kazaalite is simple and fast. Well let me know what you think.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    wtf are ed2k links?

i would guess they are the equivalent of sig2dat's??

and if thats true, then we dont need em, cos we have sig2dats, which work fantastically well.
    <insert signature here>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Ed2k links are basically sig2Dat&#39;s but for for use with Edonkey and the like. I don&#39;t think it will work because then fasttrack would have to combine with the edonkey network and such because thats where the files are.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Could they be converted to sig2dat?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I don&#39;t think so as those links are for files on their network. Not the fasttrack&#39;s. Most of the files on thhat network aren&#39;t even on fasttrack&#39;s yet so you&#39;ll be trying to find a file that doesn&#39;t exist on this network.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Only difference i really see is the way they compute there hashes. So it doesn&#39;t seem impossible. All you have to do is find a way to change a ed2k hash to that of the sig2dat hash. If someone thinks they can code this give it a shot, personally I don&#39;t care.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by sleepnmojo@18 February 2003 - 17:58
    Only difference i really see is the way they compute there hashes.&nbsp; So it doesn&#39;t seem impossible.&nbsp; All you have to do is find a way to change a ed2k hash to that of the sig2dat hash.&nbsp; If someone thinks they can code this give it a shot, personally I don&#39;t care.&nbsp;
    but what does it matter if you do convert it? Read my post above

Edit: typo

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Shinigami@19 February 2003 - 03:00
    but what does it matter if you do convert it? Read my post above
    I was just saying that it could be done. A lot of the newer files aren&#39;t shared yet, but the older ones make it on the network. I usually download from emule, then upload on both. Kazaa has a speed advantage that emule can&#39;t beat.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    what does sig2dat do?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Check the FAQ (link in my sig)