Thread: Winmx Primary Connection Problem

Poster
    Winmx works ok but slow on a secondary connection - Is much much faster with a primary connection - but freezes my machine. I have to shutdown.

I have tried playing around with the bandwidth throttles and have tried disabling my zone alarm but nothing seems to help.

I have a 2mb cable connection so I should certainly be using the primary connection.

Anyone have any ideas??

:helpsmile:
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    winmx calls its "supernodes" primary connections
    it uses up extra CPU and bandwidth
    secondary connections are better for upload and download speeds.

EDIT: if you are getting bad search results try "jumping supernodes" by hitting the "refresh" button on the connection page

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    I hear you but with secondary connection I&#39;m lucky to get 20 - 30kbs on dowload.

For the short time that I can make the primary connection work I get top speed - of 200 + kbs. And searching is way different and faster too. A full page of results in about 10 seconds. That&#39;s why I want to persevere with the primary.

This primary connection problem has been mentioned by many users but noone seems to have the answer - at least one that works for me.

I&#39;ve got a fast connection and a decent pc 1.6 pentium 4 with half a gig of ram - not exactly cutting edge but far from out of date.

:helpsmile:
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Try the links in this topic.
    Maybe you will find the answer
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by nostalgia@27 December 2003 - 18:39
    Try the links in this topic.
    Maybe you will find the answer
    Thanks&#33;