Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Question

Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    a few of my mates have xbox's. and they go on about ripping their own cd's to the hard drive, i was just wondering which ripper it uses, will it be wma, as it microsoft or will they have seen sense and use lame? :helpsmile:

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    i think its .wav, but dont hold me to it. however i think it can read .mp3 files n extract it directly off the cd.... i'll have to try it out thou.
    SP

3. Games   -   #3
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    i was round at a friends and thats what got me interested he said they were mp3's and we looked in all the options for type of encoder etc, but found nothing but warning telling me copying xbox games was wrong.

4. Games   -   #4
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I'm pretty sure it saves them as mp3 on the hard drive. However, it does not read audio from a CD-R.

5. Games   -   #5
    you use a cd-rw thats it and it will copy

6. Games   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@27 December 2003 - 12:23
    However, it does not read audio from a CD-R.
    Mine does.

The early Xbox consoles weren't able to read CD-R's, but the new ones can.

7. Games   -   #7
    DOES ANYONE EVER HEAR OF GOOGLE?

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k+27 December 2003 - 22:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KrackHead2k &#064; 27 December 2003 - 22:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Nightwolf@27 December 2003 - 12:23
    However, it does not read audio from a CD-R.
    Mine does.

The early Xbox consoles weren&#39;t able to read CD-R&#39;s, but the new ones can.[/b][/quote]
    Really? I just got mine two months ago and I can&#39;t get it to rip songs from a CD-R. Do you need to have a mod chip? Are you talking about audio CD-R&#39;s, or a CD-R that has mp3&#39;s on it as data?

9. Games   -   #9
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@27 December 2003 - 21:09
    Really? I just got mine two months ago and I can&#39;t get it to rip songs from a CD-R. Do you need to have a mod chip? Are you talking about audio CD-R&#39;s, or a CD-R that has mp3&#39;s on it as data?
    I got my Xbox a week ago. No mod chip, no nothing, just a regular Xbox from the store. It can read CD-R&#39;s, audio CD&#39;s, not MP3&#39;s on a CD as data. I can play/rip songs from it perfectly.

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k+28 December 2003 - 00:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KrackHead2k &#064; 28 December 2003 - 00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Nightwolf@27 December 2003 - 21:09
    Really?&nbsp; I just got mine two months ago and I can&#39;t get it to rip songs from a CD-R.&nbsp; Do you need to have a mod chip?&nbsp; Are you talking about audio CD-R&#39;s, or a CD-R that has mp3&#39;s on it as data?
    I got my Xbox a week ago. No mod chip, no nothing, just a regular Xbox from the store. It can read CD-R&#39;s, audio CD&#39;s, not MP3&#39;s on a CD as data. I can play/rip songs from it perfectly.[/b][/quote]
    I think I just figured out why. Apparently there are three different drives, and of course I had to get the worst one. Just my luck.

http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=...=0&#entry767991

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast