Thread: A Program To...

Poster
    Hey Guys,

im just wondering if theres a proggie to look into .exe files n extract singular files from the exe? if there is a link or name would be helpfuly

ty
    SP

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    assuming you mean .exe as in self-extracting archieves then WinRAR should do the job
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    i mean any .exe, i know winrar/zip can open self executing files, but is there a prog tht can open any setup up file ect. w/out installing it?
    SP

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by SP1@27 December 2003 - 13:42
    i mean any .exe, i know winrar/zip can open self executing files, but is there a prog tht can open any setup up file ect. w/out installing it?
    .exe is an application. You cannot extract from applications. Many Setup files make changes to the registry and does other things than just making a folder and putting files in it. So even if you could descramble it, it would be useless unless you want to play with the source code.

I dont think its possible just to get the contents other than normal zip/rar executables.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    k ty, was worth a shot
    SP

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    You might give ResHack a try, I don&#39;t think it can look directly into .exe files though.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Empty your Windows&#092;Temp folder then hit the exe go back to the folder they normally open up in there save to where you want,you might have to go as far as which folder your program is going to.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    ty for the help, i tried reshacker but it actually gave me info on the file n not what it contains.

thn neways guys

edit: sp
    SP

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    That info is the file. In binary form I believe.