Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows Update Error

last night i recieved a similar error message. My OS is XP Home (legitimate version) and I have used windows update successfully before with this install. It only seems to be a recent problem though I cant pinpoint anything exactly.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    go to start>my computer>right click the primary drive>properties>tools
    select 'check disc for errors' or 'error checking' (you'll have to schedule it to run at next startup)
    then reboot, takes about 30-45 mins. to complete

and if you are on a (rack, read this
    http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=755361
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    after some rejigging and playing around I found the error was because of an incorrectly configured firewall. I would suggest a reinstall of your firewall as the easiest solution. I doubt it would be to do with disc errors

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by pegboy@27 December 2003 - 17:21
    after some rejigging and playing around I found the error was because of an incorrectly configured firewall. I would suggest a reinstall of your firewall as the easiest solution. I doubt it would be to do with disc errors
    so it should work if i turn off my firewall rite? well, not working here

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Shutting down your firewall isn't enough. After shutting it down, look in the taskmanager. Problably there is still a part of the firewall active (e.g. if I turn off ZAPro it could be that VSmon stays active).
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by nostalgia@28 December 2003 - 09:36
    Shutting down your firewall isn't enough. After shutting it down, look in the taskmanager. Problably there is still a part of the firewall active (e.g. if I turn off ZAPro it could be that VSmon stays active).
    Agreed. I tried checking with the firewall off and it didnt work. I unistalled the firewall then it worked. Then install again with default options and try again.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    angel_of_death57
    I had same problem turned out i had a virus trying to stop me pacthing the PC so the virus could not spread have u looked into a virus scan i used AVG 7

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    i had a similar problem a few weeks ago on my old computer, it turned out that the problem was that teh date wasnt set right. Try checking if the date is right.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Delete the Temporary Internet Files and Internet History stored and try again. If that doesnt work look at your internet settings.

If the problem is not resolved use SYSTEM RESTORE. I've told this about a million times to people. System Restore is for when the computer developes probs. like this so use it. It will save you a lot of time and effort trying to seek a solution.
    Robert00000

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@27 December 2003 - 21:23
    wtf? please help me! :helpsmile: :helpsmile:
    im getting the same prob, is ur windows a copy, and is it xp

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast