Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: 6-0

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Of course Ajax is better than Celtic.....

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Poster
    I have no great desire to see Celtic play in the English League, neither would I object if it happened. Outside of the top 4 teams (incl Fulham) it is a poor league. I mean that both in terms of ability and cash. With the additional income we could compete easily.

I simply object to people saying things like we would be relegated in the first season. There is nothing to back that up, when you compare Celtic to the majority of the league and not just the top few clubs.

I also laugh when people describe the Scottish League as a 2 horse race - fair enough. So is the English Premier League. With more teams involved.

In any case it is Sky TV who will decide. Not the SFA or the EFA.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by J'Pol@28 December 2003 - 11:14

I simply object to people saying things like we would be relegated in the first season. There is nothing to back that up, when you compare Celtic to the majority of the league and not just the top few clubs.

People who say that are probably jealous of the great results that Celtic have achieved.

I think it would be a very embarrassing situation for the English to see Celtic at the top of the premier League in the English competition...

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Poster
    You may very well have hit the nail on the head.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Celtic would do great in the premiership but it would take a while until they could challenge the big 2 teams (man u and arsenal, i dont rate chelsea yet...) for the title. It would be a positive move for the game and the premiership.

but can the english fans be trusted to behave themselves? whilst celtic has some of the greatest fans in the world the english have some of the worst...

btw NUFC would give Celtic a tough match

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese@28 December 2003 - 13:19
    Celtic would do great in the premiership but it would take a while until they could challenge the big 2 teams (man u and arsenal, i dont rate chelsea yet...) for the title. It would be a positive move for the game and the premiership.

but can the english fans be trusted to behave themselves? whilst celtic has some of the greatest fans in the world the english have some of the worst...

btw NUFC would give Celtic a tough match
    On of the few sides who can compete in terms of genuine support.

I have always felt your team to be under-achievers, given the vast number of people who attend St James' on a regular basis. It is something I have never been able to really understand - the lack of success that is, not the support.

I think Geordies are really Scottish anyway. You are more like us than the soft southerners.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Ajax can't even beat Twente or NAC

On this topic, J'Pol mentioned extra money could get them compete the top squads.
    Well my guess is that would be more difficult if they join the premier league. Now both squads have a guaranteed european tour, even a go at the finacial very lucrative Championsleague. If they join the premier league they're not certain to qualify for that as easy as it is now. So they have to fear for income loss

Lamsey said Celtic supporters are the best in the world, cause FIFA siad so, well FIFA ranks the dutch squad 5th best in the world and i can assure you that ain't right either... (btw i don't say you have damn fine supporter, cause i always like to see the atmosphere over there.. but FIFA is no measure standard. They even don't know how to select a proper football player of the year )

But anyway i'm looking forward to see matches between Man U, Chelsea, Celtic, Rangers.... Van Nistelrooy against Larson that would be cool.... B)

If those 2 championships melt together will that be the end of the regional teams too? So there will be only one representing team For the UK instead of the ones there are now (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland (and which i did forget)?

8. Lounge   -   #68
    BANNED
    Originally posted by jetje@29 December 2003 - 01:17
    So there will be only one representing team For the UK instead of the ones there are now (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland (and which i did forget)?
    That has been a fear of the British FA's for a long time, it's one of the reasons Great Britain doesn't send a team to the Olympics, they don't want to set a precedent.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Poster
    It is quite likely that you will see Van Nistelroy against the Magnificent 7. However the chances of him being in the Hoops at the time are very slim.

I cannot see him staying another season. The English Premiership is a possibility, however I think he wants to go to Spain.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567