Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Doom 3

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Project E-01@29 December 2003 - 19:21
    Apollo - not true. In benchmarks as early as May this year, D3 was scoring rates above 60fps (bear in mind that that engine is probably running a lot faster now than it was back then).

May Benchmarks on Doom3 from Tom's Hardware Guide

From what ive heard the current build is capable of 60+ on gf4's - it's also more scalable so you can cut out some of the eye candy to get it going smoother.
    Anyway, chances are that if you couldn't get it above 60, there was another limiter somewhere else. You probably  left Vsync enabled by accident (60 sounds right for that).

Project E-01 - almost a spammer.
    well. originally carmack demoed doom 3's engine on mac's geforce 3s, and it worked pretty well. btw, wat settings are the defaults for the alpha? i didn't bother checking yet

from ur link, i can c how biased tom's hardware guide is. there is no way that the radeon 9800 pro can't beat a 5900ultra in all the test but one. ati kicks ass

2. Games   -   #62
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    Like i said, the benchmarks were back in may, whilst the catalyst drivers were still poorly written and less than stable, and just after the Detonater drivers had undergone some hefty optimisations.

If you check the following link, they've got benchmark results for all the big contender cards at the moment... and the 9800 does in fact (just) beat the 5900.

Recent TH benchmarks

Anyway, we're off topic. I posted the original link to prove that D3 could go above 60fps, which ive done.

3. Games   -   #63
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    ha ha. sweet! ati all the way!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567