Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Just Me?

is it just me or is pulp fiction the gr8est piece of film work ever. how every little detial has a background and how the story locks together. i reliese something new about the film everytime i watch it.

i dont think any other director could have done pulp fiction. and i dont think qt will ever top it.

dogs was gd

jackie brown was tame but alot more like pulp than any of his others

kill bill was gd fun his 2nd best but the whole picking a boig knife (i no katana) was to long. and i wish i could find a noon black and white version with none of the black and white and alll in colour(if it is real)

i think kill bill vol 2 wont b able to top the end fight because for a film qt has to many charaters to kill off and to much story so there wont b a fightr as big and epic.

also qt has the best music sense for a film.

john travolta dancing was gr8

but battle without honor(i cant quite remember. it heads up all the trialers) was just class.

post ur opinions pls

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    GREAT Film.

but not greatest.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    naa i think is just you
    [ gs removed the sig, it was 1455.14 KB lol ]

HELL YEAH!!!!!!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    definatley one of the greatest films of our time. I do wish the film was as complex as you make out, but by looking into the movie a bit i've realised that Tarantino done things because he thought it "looked cool" or saw someone do it in another movie (tribute to it) so the movie isn't as complex as it may at second glance seem (as obvoiusly, on first glance it isn't too bad).

The variable time deal was a fantastically written aspect tho. As for Kill Bill, i loved that movie. You have to take it with a pinch of salt and remember that it is only half a movie so just wait. as for a fight scene, well Elle and the Bride's fight involves smashing of heads of toilet bolls, spitting, hair pulling and basically very jackass inspired violence. The Bride and Budd involves shooting, running and something else.... which is a major spoiler, so will hush hush.

and what i've heard of the Bill Bride show down, well it may have a few more twists and turns.

Originally Tarantino had an idea to bring GoGo Yaburi's sister into the film and she was to be named Yuki. Sadly, Tarantino scrapped this idea (apparantly) so now a whole fight scene involving Yuki and the Bride has gone.

anyway, hopefuly KB Vol.2 will bring up the whole movies quality to be on a level with pulp. it may be possible.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    one of quentins best. r-dogs was also good. kill bill excellent, i think tarintino deserves more respect in the movie-making industry.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    The movie is awesome but not the best movie ever, I think it's just you

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    curiously, what would you say the best movie was then? fair enough if you don't think it's pulp fiction (i didnt say it was mine afterall) but what would you say was? The Matrix (just going by signature) and why do you think it was the best? (again not saying it isn't)

people just never defend thier choices so i'd like to see some people explain why in at least more than 100 words.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Pu;p Fiction excellent First time I watched it I clapped my hands

Dogs Brilliant and REAL violence ppl think blood and gaw is violence its not just that talk is more violent what made that seen of Michael cutting off the ears Violent was the fact that you didn't see it

Kill Bill well my family sister was complaining about QT doing the same old movies here he proved he did something different. and the word fuck only came up about 5 times

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    i no it didnt have much swearing but the gore and blood was quite bad.

am i just hoping that there is like a special all colour version of kill bill.

true pulp had insbration (sp?) but ti was the way it was directed and how the stroy unfolded.

matrix is complicated because no one in it talks normally. pulp is complex because it was ment to make you think and wonder.

star wars is a pop corn movie and is a fun flick not the gr8est movie ever.terminator 2 is also a popcorn movie not to much thinking or much apart from action altho the story is better than most but thanks to T1 and T3 it doesnt rly make sense because they destroyed EVERYTHING but he comes bk. and they pretend they missed something. but i think it was just a lame reason to make T£(which was a gd film btw)

btw no major spoilers in here please i dont wnana know what happens in kill bill vol 2.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Yes its just you? Best movie of all time? Come on...

A great, that i loved? sure.

But many movies are better, GodFather 2, Shawshank Redemption, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the King,

just a few examples.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast