Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My First Time Vcd

u need tmpgenc plus
    http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html or search for it on Kazaa

okay so CDRws work as well as CDRS ?? and when it says my DVD player will read 74 min does that mean if i put a 80min CDR movie it it wont play???
    Yes, they do work. Don't worry, it will play. Just burn your avi and see what comes out. I also recommend not to use TMPGenc unless you know a thing or two about encoding or you will be asking alot of questions.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Poster
    My first time with VCD too. Have a few questions

To burn a movie I got off Kazaa and watch it on my dvd player is Open Nero>select to burn a Video Cd>Drag and Drop the Avi then burn?

Will a regular 700MB CD be able to fit a movie?

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Originally posted by adthomp@18 February 2003 - 18:16
    u need tmpgenc plus
    Whats that???
    TMPGenc is short for Tsunami MPG Encoder. It basically encodes a movie file to mpg format.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Originally posted by DWC@18 February 2003 - 18:27
    My first time with VCD too. Have a few questions

To burn a movie I got off Kazaa and watch it on my dvd player is Open Nero>select to burn a Video Cd>Drag and Drop the Avi then burn?

Will a regular 700MB CD be able to fit a movie?
    It depends on the length of the Avi. You must encode an avi into mpg before burning into a VCD. With Nero, one avi per disc is my standard since you can't tell how big your new mpg is since Nero doesn't tell you, (it might and if it does, then its usually too big for two avi's. Check out http://www.vcdhelp.com for more info

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    BANNED
    so does a CDRW work?

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by Shinigami@18 February 2003 - 18:32
    You must encode an avi into mpg before burning into a VCD.

With Nero, one avi per disc is my standard since you can't tell how big your new mpg is since Nero doesn't tell you, (it might and if it does, then its usually too big for two avi's.
    When I burn will nero do the encoding for me?

The size of the .avi's I wanna burn are 717,000 KB and 709,000...Should I go ahead and try it?

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Poster
    kinda risky because ........ i did that once but the audio was outta sync so GO WITH TMPGENC PLUS OR tmpgenc and virtual dub

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Poster
    Everyone says this version of LOTR is outya sync but it works perfect for me

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    I used TMPGenc to encode my avi and now the audio is out of sync in the newly encoded mpg. I used VirtualDub to extract the .wav then I tried to encode (avi in the video box, then the wav in the audio box) and the audio is early by a few sec.'s... Do you know how to fix this?

P.S. It was my first time encoding with TMPGenc.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Originally posted by DWC@18 February 2003 - 19:25
    Everyone says this version of LOTR is outya sync but it works perfect for me
    It's out of sync after i encode it

P.S. Thats the avi file im currently have problems encoding with.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast