Thread: Is The Govment' Messin' With The Mp3's?

Ok, I posted a while back about download speed problems. I've been reading about others with the same type of problem so I guess it wasn't just me. By wasn't, I mean that I don't have that problem anymore. My download speeds are incredibly fast but I'm going to throw a new problem in the mix I haven't seen mentioned yet. I'll give one example even though I've had more than one. Say I download all the songs for a particular CD. I'm happy as pumkin pie because they download faster than I can find them. When I get all I need I start to sample the tracks. Every song I downloaded, even though they all have different titles, are the same song! What's even stranger is that they play for about 30 sec. and fade out, and start over! If I look at the wave file in a wave form analyzer I can see the distinct repetitions of what I'm talking about. Now either I'm going crazy, the govment' or recording industry is infiltrating and messin' things up, or people that post the tracks are doing it for what ever reason. I'd hate to think that it's the later. So all these tracks are showing up that all kinds of people have but they're all screwed up. I can't believe that nobody else has had this problem. If not, I'm checkin' in for some therapy. What a waste of time. (But they are downloading fast ) Now has anyone else had this strange happen or have an explaination? I've had it happen downloading tracks for 4 different CD's. What up?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by ZaZu@26 December 2003 - 23:53
    Strange Sound, Screeching Songs...et Cetera,
    In other words: Please, search through out the forum befor starting a new topic. Thank you.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    How can this thread be writtin on the 27th...it's still the 26th.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by supastylin@27 December 2003 - 01:12
    Because I am a VooDoo shaman.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by supastylin@26 December 2003 - 23:12
    different timezones...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Yes, I realize that people were complaining about screeching sounds and weird noises as I do try to research the posts before sounding off. Thank you anyway Atumn Fox
    In other words: Please, search through out the forum befor starting a new topic. Thank you.
    I can see that you&#39;re the type that likes to search through the forums policing others . You must have more time on your hands than I do lurking in the forums to slap hands rather than help. I clicked on the link provided for my convenience and read about 3 pages worth of people talking about screeching noises and ranting and raving in 72 point size type about the RIAA. I did finally come across a post about looping mp3&#39;s so at least I know others have experienced that. Sorry I missed that one in what must be approx. 99.9% of complaints about the screeching noise. I haven&#39;t seen anything about downloading 32 songs with different titles and file sizes from a particular artist only to find out that they were the same song that looped. I guess I should have spent a couple of more hours in the forums instead of downloading music. And when I referred to the "govment&#39;" I was actually kidding because I can&#39;t believe all of the mass hysteria going on. I&#39;ve got my shotgun by the door. Thanks for the constructive help though. I&#39;m going back to download music and you better get back to lurking the forums so you can scold someone. Peace.

:rtfaq:

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    I don&#39;t
    search through the forums policing others
    Have you read all of my posts ? And what i do with my time is my wish so please don&#39;t tell me what i can and cannot do. Though, you have to realise that answering a question asked so many times is annoying, besides it&#39;s in a pinned topic, thus quite easly seen.
    And about the "govment", yes, i understood, thank you.

(...)and you better get back to lurking the forums so you can scold someone.
    What&#39;s your problem ?

And what do you mean by :rtfaq:

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    camstuf's Avatar Poster
    lets play nice children