Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Great Mystery

Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+28 December 2003 - 18:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 28 December 2003 - 18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-noname12@28 December 2003 - 19:26
    I think the term "Mountain out of mole hill" applies.
    It is all too easy to judge another person&#39;s strength of feeling.

What is trivial to one may be important to another. Particularly when the demographic here is so mixed. [/b][/quote]
    No I mean the whole secracy act, from what I have seen of "BB" I dont think he would take such offence from that he seems like an easy going guy who takes laughs as much as he gives it, I just think the guy&#39;s gone on holiday to see family or something, tis the season and all. But Meh like you said, who knows maybe he was offended, but if thats the story the other people did make a mountain out of a mole hill.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+28 December 2003 - 18:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 28 December 2003 - 18:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@28 December 2003 - 19:24
    Shortly before he left, I sent him a PM asking him about if he was a lecturer at either Glasgow or Strathclyde uni - he had mentioned in the past that he was from Glasgow and had just posted that he was a lecturer. I was wondering if he lectured at my university.

I had also seen that he said he was seeing a psychologist - I added a note to the bottom of the PM saying I was sorry to hear that (which I was) and tried to offer a few words of support (along the lines of "don&#39;t worry about it mate, you seem pretty lucid to me").

Unfortunately he seemed to be very offended by my message; he thought it strange that I should bring it up. I PMed an apology back, stating that it was not my intent to offend (quite the opposite), but got no reply. Shortly after that he left the board.

I assumed that I had inadvertently offended Bigboab severely, so I PMed him again offering another complete apology for any offence, and saying that he would be missed. His reply was that he was just taking a break for a while.

I have no idea if I am the sole cause, part of the cause, or even not related to Bigboab&#39;s departure, but from what he said he will hopefully return soon.
    Thanks for that, I appreciate your candour, particularly as you feel you may have been part of the cause for his departure.

If the old chap is perchance reading this, please know that a lot of people care about you and miss your incessant punnery. You are a decent spud (not to say pomme).

Please don&#39;t be a stranger.

If anyone is in contact with BB, be a good egg and give him a link to here.[/b][/quote]
    You know it is true BB&#33;

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    He described that PM as "abhorrent", and as far as I know he showed it to someone else who agreed that it should be forwarded to the mods.

I know him to be a decent person, and if he reacts to something that way, I say it&#39;s something to consider seriously.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    BANNED

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by noname12+28 December 2003 - 19:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (noname12 &#064; 28 December 2003 - 19:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@28 December 2003 - 18:29
    <!--QuoteBegin-noname12
    @28 December 2003 - 19:26
    I think the term "Mountain out of mole hill" applies.

It is all too easy to judge another person&#39;s strength of feeling.

What is trivial to one may be important to another. Particularly when the demographic here is so mixed.
    No I mean the whole secracy act, from what I have seen of "BB" I dont think he would take such offence from that he seems like an easy going guy who takes laughs as much as he gives it, I just think the guy&#39;s gone on holiday to see family or something, tis the season and all. But Meh like you said, who knows maybe he was offended, but if thats the story the other people did make a mountain out of a mole hill.[/b][/quote]
    I take your point - sorry for misunderstanding - thanks for clarifying.

Though I suspect there is a wee something in his absence.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    I was forwarded a copy of those PM&#39;s and I can easily see how offense would be taken given the circumstances.
    Lamseys explanation isn&#39;t far off but there appeared to be more jabbing than sincere concern when I read it.
    There were other factors as well, just something I think we all consider at times, a little break to regain our perspective.
    And that&#39;s all I have to say about that.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    I take your point - sorry for misunderstanding - thanks for clarifying.

Though I suspect there is a wee something in his absence.
    Not a set up I assure you, however it just shows how easily we can misunderstand another persons words (or intentions).

I would hate to think that the old chap is not here because of a simple mis-understanding.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    this topic is totally tasteless..

shame on you for discussing this in such an open way...

i&#39;m sure that BB will really appreciate it...

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@28 December 2003 - 19:40
    this topic is totally tasteless..

shame on you for discussing this in such an open way...

i&#39;m sure that BB will really appreciate it...
    In what way is this tasteless.

I asked what had happened to someone who I had a lot of time for. It is a perfectly natural thing to do.

Why do you want to cause strife here.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Ex-member
    Being open about it shows that there are people who care enough about his absence that they want him to come back.

I am not going to post details of the PMs any further than the vague account I already posted.

All I want is for Bigboab to come back at his punning best, and if I have offended him I hope he can understand that was never my intention.

Hopefully he will read this at some point and see the strength of feeling which wants him to return.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast