Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Mystery

Poster
    You all know what I am talking about.

There must be someone here who knows what happened and how my apple supping friend, bigboab was offended.

Is anyone out there willing to tell us, or even give some small clue. If you have any information, or a link I would appreciate it.

PM me if you prefer to keep your confidentiality. I really just would like to know what has happened.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    muchspl2
    I asked a few days ago and got no responses :/

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    I think you will have more luck getting blood out of Billy_Dean.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    Who's to say he's not off for the holidays?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Ex-member
    Shortly before he left, I sent him a PM asking him about if he was a lecturer at either Glasgow or Strathclyde uni - he had mentioned in the past that he was from Glasgow and had just posted that he was a lecturer. I was wondering if he lectured at my university.

I had also seen that he said he was seeing a psychologist - I added a note to the bottom of the PM saying I was sorry to hear that (which I was) and tried to offer a few words of support (along the lines of "don't worry about it mate, you seem pretty lucid to me").

Unfortunately he seemed to be very offended by my message; he thought it strange that I should bring it up. I PMed an apology back, stating that it was not my intent to offend (quite the opposite), but got no reply. Shortly after that he left the board.

I assumed that I had inadvertently offended Bigboab severely, so I PMed him again offering another complete apology for any offence, and saying that he would be missed. His reply was that he was just taking a break for a while.

I have no idea if I am the sole cause, part of the cause, or even not related to Bigboab's departure, but from what he said he will hopefully return soon.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Infested Cats@28 December 2003 - 19:22
    Who's to say he's not off for the holidays?
    If that's the case - fine.

It's just that some people have been saying that he was upset and left.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    I think the term "Mountain out of mole hill" applies.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    EDIT: I see it Lamsey's spilled the beans anyhow.

Last I heard he'd be off-line for a little bit though, over the holidays.

That's not to say he'll be back here anytime soon.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@28 December 2003 - 19:24
    Shortly before he left, I sent him a PM asking him about if he was a lecturer at either Glasgow or Strathclyde uni - he had mentioned in the past that he was from Glasgow and had just posted that he was a lecturer. I was wondering if he lectured at my university.

I had also seen that he said he was seeing a psychologist - I added a note to the bottom of the PM saying I was sorry to hear that (which I was) and tried to offer a few words of support (along the lines of "don't worry about it mate, you seem pretty lucid to me").

Unfortunately he seemed to be very offended by my message; he thought it strange that I should bring it up. I PMed an apology back, stating that it was not my intent to offend (quite the opposite), but got no reply. Shortly after that he left the board.

I assumed that I had inadvertently offended Bigboab severely, so I PMed him again offering another complete apology for any offence, and saying that he would be missed. His reply was that he was just taking a break for a while.

I have no idea if I am the sole cause, part of the cause, or even not related to Bigboab's departure, but from what he said he will hopefully return soon.
    Thanks for that, I appreciate your candour, particularly as you feel you may have been part of the cause for his departure.

If the old chap is perchance reading this, please know that a lot of people care about you and miss your incessant punnery. You are a decent spud (not to say pomme).

Please don't be a stranger.

If anyone is in contact with BB, be a good egg and give him a link to here.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by noname12@28 December 2003 - 19:26
    I think the term "Mountain out of mole hill" applies.
    It is all too easy to judge another person's strength of feeling.

What is trivial to one may be important to another. Particularly when the demographic here is so mixed.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast