Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To Spammers, Read This

Poster
    sometimes they do get off topic and out of hand.you got to remember these people are different than most
    they are a close nit group.if you got them all together in a bar you'd have 1 hell of a brawl,but then they
    would go eat together or something after when they get too far out maybe there postscould
    be moved to the lounge out of this thread.maybe a room called whorehouse?a good place for the post whores

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    FC, you make good points about 'debates' and all but maybe [B][O][T] is trying to reduce the junk posts around here. I hope you are not trying to say that there haven't been junk posts now are you?

I also remember not too long ago a 'dedate' between you and Neo that spread across 6 or 7 or more threads in the 'About our website and this Forum' section.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    The spamming thing should be excluded!

So maybe Paul or anyone else can make something that takes care of those spammers?
    The program could just look at NEW posts in the SAME DAY from the SAME USERS posting stuff With the SAME TOPIC TITLE and the SAME TOPIC DISCRIPTION more than one's? I'm not a programmer but is this possible?

(Ik geef mn bek maar aan slinger&#33 Hhehehee.. Difficult explaining in English what you want to say if your Dutch!
    But i hope this is clear?

Rocktron

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Poster
    I've been saying this for a while now.... no one seems to listen....

Anways, Debates are good FC but you're not always debating, I'd say 30-40% of your posts are bull shit off topic no need no want posts. Neo it's probably about 60-70%. There's just no need for that. Yes there are other ones but you two seem to stick out in the crowd, there's a reason for that.

A few more rooms would help, namely: Movies, Music, Games, Sports. You should also try to use a little common sense though and cut back yourself, it's not the MOD's job to babysit you. Use a little self control, you don't need to answer to every thread on the damn board.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by NeoShoyru@19 February 2003 - 13:13
    To tell you all the truth, I havn't seen much spam latly... For spam is when you advertise something...
    Leave it to Neo to make the perfect example.

You know exactly what where talking about yet you feel the need to post something that's just plain you being a fucking smart ass.

If you're not adding anything relavent to the topic you shouldn't post it. Spam is not JUST advertisments it's also nonrelavent posts/topics.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    YIPPI! Im famous... HA! IN YOUR FACE FC! I NOW CAN SPAM (according to the forums define.) BETTER THEN YOU!

Anyways, I do think we need more section to this forum. But they are trying to convert right now (I wonder hows it going with that). We should at least have a spam/trash section. That way, if you find any spam (as in ads) or any trash (as in, um, trash), then you move it to them... I dunno, its an idea...

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by NeoShoyru@19 February 2003 - 13:21
    YIPPI! Im famous... HA! IN YOUR FACE FC! I NOW CAN SPAM (according to the forums define.) BETTER THEN YOU!

Anyways, I do think we need more section to this forum. But they are trying to convert right now (I wonder hows it going with that). We should at least have a spam/trash section. That way, if you find any spam (as in ads) or any trash (as in, um, trash), then you move it to them... I dunno, its an idea...
    Don't you get it? They shouldn't need to move all your bull shit posts, you just shouldn't post them.

Now I'm degrading this thread into an argument so I'm gonna leave it. Enjoy yourselves.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by NeoShoyru@19 February 2003 - 12:21
    We should at least have a spam/trash section. That way, if you find any spam (as in ads) or any trash (as in, um, trash), then you move it to them... I dunno, its an idea...
    Isn't that what the Lounge is for...spam/trash/junk/senseless post, "Anything Goes Forum".....I mean if you review some of the post, you have just about everything you could possibly want/not want...heck even talking about taking a sh*t.......extra Forum for trash would be wasted space in my opinion.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    But don't you see? Those guys want a room just for their 'spam' or 'Junk' posts and they want them to count to their 'score'.
    Please don't make such a room.

And Neo the rules clearly define spamming and advertising as 2 different rules.
    5. Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
    6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.

Anyway back to the topic. Is it possible to have the moderators give warnings and bans in order to get this under control?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@19 February 2003 - 11:38
    But don't you see? Those guys want a room just for their 'spam' or 'Junk' posts and they want them to count to their 'score'.
    Please don't make such a room.

And Neo the rules clearly define spamming and advertising as 2 different rules.
    5. Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
    6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.

Anyway back to the topic. Is it possible to have the moderators give warnings and bans in order to get this under control?
    I was think about creating such a room in the off-topic... So the posts dont count...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast