Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: To Spammers, Read This

Boy, Neo, you really know how to miss the point of someones post.

And as xeroxed said
    Now I'm degrading this thread into an argument so I'm gonna leave it. Enjoy yourselves
    I'm going to do the same.

Maybe it will get back on topic. Just maybe.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@19 February 2003 - 11:38
    5. Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
    6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.
    Anyway back to the topic. Is it possible to have the moderators give warnings and bans in order to get this under control?
    I think it's already being done. By the way, do you guys still have a "team chat"?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Originally posted by The_Great_Dude+19 February 2003 - 12:00--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The_Great_Dude @ 19 February 2003 - 12:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Nobody1234@19 February 2003 - 11:38
    5. Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
    6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.
    Anyway back to the topic. Is it possible to have the moderators give warnings and bans in order to get this under control?
    I think it&#39;s already being done. By the way, do you guys still have a "team chat"? [/b][/quote]
    I have a feeling they do have a team chat. But its not visible to members and guests. Thats what I did on my forum...

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Neo still so curious, if you just wanna write spam senseles and useless posts why don&#39;t you spam your own board. Just create a few accounts for yourself. I&#39;m sure the admin there won&#39;t mind. You can post replies to yourself and whatever you want. The advantage is that some people might get the impression that there are actually more people active

edit a typo (or 2)

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Mivaro's Avatar _________
    Originally posted by jetje@19 February 2003 - 21:25
    The advantage is that some people might get the impression that there are actually more people active

Maybe we should help neo a bit.....
    'English impaired'

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Originally posted by jetje@19 February 2003 - 12:25
    The advantage is that some people might get the impression that there are actually more people active
    He could make arguments in his forum, that will get alot of attention from people.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@19 February 2003 - 14:38
    But don&#39;t you see? Those guys want a room just for their &#39;spam&#39; or &#39;Junk&#39; posts and they want them to count to their &#39;score&#39;.
    Please don&#39;t make such a room.

Think what you want to nobody about running up scores and what not.That&#39;s funny...never heard it called scores before....looks like you think about it more then some of us do.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Originally posted by jetje@19 February 2003 - 21:25
    why don&#39;t you spam your own board.
    Well I think maybe he found out that spam= more work for the people running/modding the place, and therefore spam sucks. I mean I hope he somewhat learned that little lesson there.

Though I heard traffic was up at your site yesterday.

Hey at least Neo is willing to admit to being about spam a lot of the time, and this thread has turned into k-lite vs. Neo. So bottom line you let him do as he is going to anyway, or you ban him, pretty simple.

There are lots of people here who joined when I did or after and have even twice my post count, and I don&#39;t see those names coming up in this thread, but it happens.

Just remember guys, spam really does mean more needless work for the admins and mods.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@19 February 2003 - 20:34
    Just remember guys, spam really does mean more needless work for the admins and mods.

-SJ™
    thnx -SJ™, what&#39;s wrong with us, we agree two times in short notice on a subject

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Originally posted by jetje@19 February 2003 - 21:39
    thnx -SJ™, what&#39;s wrong with us, we agree two times in short notice on a subject
    I quit&#33;&#33; How can I be the site bad guy if I start agreeing with the mods&#33;&#33;

j/k of course, but I have adminned and modded and cleaning up spam is lame, cause they could just have NOT done it in the first place.

Funny thing is this d00d I know from gameshark, years ago, still gets on msn sometimes. He was a spammer. I still think of him like that 2 years later.

Hmmm...

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast