Thread: Shareaza Security P2p Enemies

Shareaza has it's own section where you can block ip's and does not require you to run peerguardian, i made this because the other Shareaza blocklist from bluetack does not try to block anti p2p companys like the RIAA and others.
    http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/ind...?showtopic=331

First simply download the Shareaza Peergurdian p2p blocklist from Here(right click and save).

Open Shareaza.

Then go, View>Sercurity and on the window that comes up right click and select Import, find the blocklist that you downloaded and ok that.

Now all the ip's from the peerguardian database are blocked.

I will probaly update this, as the ip address get added and removed from peerguardian database pretty regularly.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by junkyardking@29 December 2003 - 18:57
    I will probaly update this, as the ip address get added and removed from peerguardian database pretty regularly.
    yeah ..it does get updated all the time...
    but all ive noticed is that a lot of "valid" I.P's get blocked on a more than regular basis...
    Seems to me like someone who makes the IP address list has some ego problem with a lot of the I.Ps that are blocked...Yes Ive taken into account that mistakes are made and I.P address ranges change...but i wont use this semi-working software that'll never get out of the "beta" stage

I meant nothing at the "sharezaa side of things, just the "peerguardian" crap list

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by junkyardking@29 December 2003 - 04:57
    Shareaza has it's own section where you can block ip's and does not require you to run peerguardian, i made this because the other Shareaza blocklist from bluetack does not try to block anti p2p companys like the RIAA and others.

First simply download the Shareaza Peergurdian p2p blocklist from Here(right click and save).

Open Shareaza.

Then go, View>Sercurity and on the window that comes up right click and select Import, find the blocklist that you downloaded and ok that.

Now all the ip's from the peerguardian database are blocked.

When I pressed Right-Click and Save As for that blocklist, I got an error message saying a connection with the server could not be established. :helpsmile:

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984+29 December 2003 - 13:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparkle1984 @ 29 December 2003 - 13:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking@29 December 2003 - 04:57
    Shareaza has it&#39;s own section where you can block ip&#39;s and does not require you to run peerguardian, i made this because the other Shareaza blocklist from bluetack does not try to block anti p2p companys like the RIAA and others.

Open Shareaza.

Now all the ip&#39;s from the peerguardian database are blocked.

When I pressed Right-Click and Save As for that blocklist, I got an error message saying a connection with the server could not be established. :helpsmile: [/b][/quote]
    Working fine for me.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by junkyardking+29 December 2003 - 12:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking &#064; 29 December 2003 - 12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@29 December 2003 - 13:05
    <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking
    @29 December 2003 - 04:57
    Shareaza has it&#39;s own section where you can block ip&#39;s and does not require you to run peerguardian, i made this because the other Shareaza blocklist from bluetack does not try to block anti p2p companys like the RIAA and others.

Open Shareaza.

Now all the ip&#39;s from the peerguardian database are blocked.

When I pressed Right-Click and Save As for that blocklist, I got an error message saying a connection with the server could not be established. :helpsmile:
    Working fine for me. [/b][/quote]
    Still no luck. Do you know of another location where I can get it?Thanks

Edit: It&#39;s OK now, I&#39;ve just been to the peer guardian website and converted the blocklist myself using bluetack. I will add the list to my website.