Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pming

Why everytime I go to my PM's I get this...

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You Do not have the required amount of posts to use the PM system
    When for the past few days I've been able to go into my PM's without a problem.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Ex-member
    The PM system has just been disabled for all members with less than 20 posts, as an anti-spam measure.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but the PM system is open to abuse; with this measure we can limit its misuse.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Oh man

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by Lamsey@30 December 2003 - 09:18
    The PM system has just been disabled for all members with less than 20 posts, as an anti-spam measure.
    Does that mean that I wouldn't be able to send a PM to a new member either?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    muchspl2
    that rule almost sounds good but I see problems like what titey asked and what if they spam 20 replies just to pm someone
    think it could cause more problems

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by muchspl2@30 December 2003 - 09:39
    that rule almost sounds good but I see problems like what titey asked and what if they spam 20 replies just to pm someone
    I wasn't thinking of them spamming just to be able to use PMs.... but yer right, that could be an issue.

I was more concerned wif the fact that it appears that I can PM sheerblade for example.... does that mean that he couldn't read that PM till he'd accumulated 20 posts?

There have been a couple of times in the past that I've PMd someone who was new in order to try an' help them out. Usually it was because they'd inadvertently done/said somefing that might raise eyebrows, an' I didn't want to appear to be chastising them on the open board. Now though it would appear that doing such a thing won't be possible.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Ex-member

Don't know if they can read them or not, will have to ask admin.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Aberrant
    Tanx Liam.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    I think this could be crazy, especially if it stops newcomers from reading PMs which someone else has sent to them - it just means they will have to spam in order to get 20 posts so they could read and write PMs.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by sheerblade@30 December 2003 - 08:20
    Oh man
    the solution to this is SPAM

if you're a newbie and need to ask a question, the only way to ask a smart person a question is to spam to 20 posts and then pm.

is this what's intended?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast