Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Getting A Dvd Burner Worth It Right Now?

i don't think many peeps are speaking from personal experience, in this thread... :\

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    becuz u dont want to have to hook up your comp every single time you watch a movie....and what he want to burn something he want to preserve

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Ok guys.....screw it.

I am going to go Buy me a few old PC Games at the Mall(Machine is slow) and get some Beer.Thinking of getting Chost Recon Gold Pack edition(comes with the 2 add ons).

And no I am not going to Dowload them.I only Download Music.

I can not make up my mind on anything to get myself.I am going to put the Money back and wait for the Technology to get better.I am sure the new 8x DVD Recoder by TDK will be $160 or cheaper later on.Hell.Like you all said.12x and 16x DVD Burners will be coming out.

I will just keep on useing CDRs.I have a 50 Pack I still need to use up anyways to clear up some space on External Drive.

One day I will have a Digital Camera and DVD Burner and I will be cool like the rest of you are.

Thanks for everything.

FC B)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    BANNED
    lol.... whats from experience in here? its more like common sense (although i DO have the experience..... )

:helpsmile:

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    jetje's Avatar former star
    FC i have a Plextor 8 speed, and i must say it's really great. If the disk is full you can clean out 4,5 gigs at once within a few minutes. I guess you would love that

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Personally, I waiting for the dual-layer burner (due out by April). I just hope the price for dual layer media will be comparable to current prices.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@29 December 2003 - 17:55
    i don't think many peeps are speaking from personal experience, in this thread... :\
    Agreed.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I'll admit up front that I don't have a burner yet, thus I have no personal experience.
    I have been seriously looking into it though, and finally decided to wait.

Unless you pop for the higher dollar units, they seem to be quite finicky about the brand of media used. Blank DVDs are still pretty expensive and I'd hate to waste even one...

The two format war really pisses me off.
    Either you get a dual format unit, in which case ultimately you end up with half of it sitting around unused, or you gamble and choose one or the other format.

Most of the less expensive models had pretty poor CD burning speeds and if I bought one it would be replacing my CD-RW in the case.

Since my main reason for buying one is to backup data, I think that continuing to use CDs makes more sense for me right now.

With luck, in a year or so this will all have settled down and DVD burners will be where CD burners are now.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    My advice is buy one if you can spare the cash. I'm on my 2 dvd-writer already, the first cost £250 ($375) and it was a 2.4 speed, and this one about £100 ($150) -its 8 speed.

I put both on my business account , justified it by saying its for backing up data, even though i mostly use it to copy dvd movies .

I don't trust cd-rw/dvd-rw for backing up important business data because of the reliability probs. I prefer to use a 120 Gb removable hard drive instead, which incidently is mostly full of dvd's and TV recordings .

You can wait forever for the technology to improve, its better to buy whats available now and another one a year or year and a half down the line
    Robert00000

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Robert00000@29 December 2003 - 19:40
    I put both on my business account , justified it by saying its for backing up data, even though i mostly use it to copy dvd movies .
    company? i shall inform them..... and to gimme ur job

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast