Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Getting A Dvd Burner Worth It Right Now?

Originally posted by DWk@29 December 2003 - 15:57
    lol.... whats from experience in here? its more like common sense (although i DO have the experience..... )

:helpsmile:
    i had a nice little paragraph written out yesterday to explain where i thought people were getting their facts wrong, but then the electricity went out (for a whole day) when i was just about to post.

anyway, a 4X burner does 4.37gb in about 15 minutes, 8X does it in about 7 or 8 minutes... and i don't think that suxors at all. holding out for 16X would save you, what, 4 precious minutes of your life that you might otherwise waste in the bathroom?

if you pay $1.50 USD or more per disc, you're wasting your money. dig a little deeper, online, and you'll find plenty of generics and name brands for $1 USD or less per disc.

and the DVD-RW/+RW thing is distracting, but it isn't a problem.

the main question is "what do you intend to put on the discs?", not those other nitpicks which are pretty irrelevant.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I found a deal at Compusa.. 25pack of DVD+RW (4.7gb) for $20. Hey, that's less than a buck per disk.. i went ahead and got 3... $60 aint bad.
    I use the song DRU-510A.. kicks some major ass.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    I think it's still worth buying one just now. I just bought a PIONEER A106 4x (old I know) for £95.00 and so far it's been excellent vfm. I have so far copied any DVD Movie I have come across (only had it about 1 week ) and paid £21.00 for 25 blank disks. I also picked up a couple of RW disks for £2.50 each, ideal cheap 4.7gig mini HD's. I was torn between the writer and another HD but glad I chose the writer in the end.
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123