Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Getting A Dvd Burner Worth It Right Now?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I can get the TDK 8x Burner for $160 now, and am about to go get it.

But DVD burner technology is still kinda new.....they have alot to learn about it I figure.

What do you all think?What are your experiences with them so far?Are they worth getting now?

Maybe I should just get a bigger Harddrive instead of a DVD Burner.I just do not know.I need a Beer.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    i'd have the beer

hard drives are nothing special and im guessing you already have one.

dvd burners a fine, but slow, and the dvd discs are expensive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Is Getting A Dvd Burner Worth It Right Now?
    yes. if you can get hold of blank discs at about $1 USD per piece, they're no worse of a value than CD-R.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    wat do u want to burn fc? movies, just get a wireless port thingy for tv out. they only good reason for getting a dvd burner is for burning console games.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@29 December 2003 - 16:58
    wat do u want to burn fc? movies, just get a wireless port thingy for tv out. they only good reason for getting a dvd burner is for burning console games.
    That's not true. They are more than just for "console games." They can be used to copy DVD movies to play on regular entertainment center DVD players.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    but not all dvd player support the format

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    to answer ur question FC..... NO...its not worth it..... why? because if you get one now u'll get either a 4x or 8x drive...and that suxors....wait till 16x comes out (as well as a one-format standard.... suckas being stubborn about having their own fackin dvd format)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    when does 16x comes out...i though 8x was fairly new....and do you know what a 16x disc is gonna cost? i think dvd disc are still very expensive....and most of the deals i see is a 30 pak 4x for 49.99.. so imagine what a 16x disc is gonna cost

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    exactly my point.....DONT get a dvd burner now.... its not worth it unless ur gonna go on a daily basis to blockbuster and rip/copy every movie from there....

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+29 December 2003 - 18:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 29 December 2003 - 18:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@29 December 2003 - 16:58
    That&#39;s not true. They are more than just for "console games." They can be used to copy DVD movies to play on regular entertainment center DVD players. [/b][/quote]
    yea. y burn them when u can watch them through tvout? if ur tvs far away, get a wireless portal thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast