Thread: Bittorent Massive Flaw

Poster
    I start downloading a game and im connected to 90 peeps, but im only downloading at 1kb/s, i look in advance and all DL speeds are slow like 5kb/s max for most, but then i c 2 people downloading at about 450kb/s each this is were all the speed is going.

How could this be??

Shouldnt there besomething to stop this from happening but then again its OpenSource so anyone can make a leeching client and hence its the end of BT.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    those are what we cll leechers with good connection

sometimes they actually stay when the fiel is complete and use their upload speed to help you but not usually

i belive the reason that they get it first is because of the connection speed actually

bt looks at what they can send and recive and if it determines that the person can help distribut the file faster more speed is alocated to them

thouh i may be incorrect on that you may want to double check that in the suprnova irc channel #suprnova dont rember the network though

so go to thier site and it there at the top
    I am Member No. : 193 <--- yes there was a time when that was a lot

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Originally posted by Cotton@30 December 2003 - 10:22
    I start downloading a game and im connected to 90 peeps, but im only downloading at 1kb/s, i look in advance and all DL speeds are slow like 5kb/s max for most, but then i c 2 people downloading at about 450kb/s each this is were all the speed is going.

How could this be??

Shouldnt there besomething to stop this from happening but then again its OpenSource so anyone can make a leeching client and hence its the end of BT.
    depends on what site the files on, the busy sites like suornova sometimes have good and bad speeds, try one of the sites listed at http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=86674