Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virus's

MaxAndig
    I don't trust very much in my virus scanners now as they didn`t find the "Hantaner" although the progs were updated daily. But I admit: Virus scanner progs are better than nothing...

If you really want to be shure do not download "cracks" and any programs using Kazaa (Lite) until you can help yourself after a virus infection.

Note: Some virus scanner progs are not able to purge modified windows registry entries after deleting a virus

2. Lounge   -   #12
    I just recently downloaded XP Pro_Corporate_FINAL and found it has WIN32.HLLP.Handy virus on it... I knew as soon as I d/l it that it was a virus because the writer didn't chg the icon, it was a server icon. So I went on Symnatec's site and read up on it...It was written in Borland Delphi..

Now I quarantined it and it is no longer in my shared folder so I don't get others downloading it, is there a way to find the hash or whatever it is that verifies the d/l? I got this from verifiedd/l's.com and I am assuming many others probably have it or will download it..The file is corrupted with malicious code..Can I post the name of the file in here or no?

here is the Symantec link
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...hllp.handy.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12