Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Omg I Did It! Flown From Vancouver To Kenndy!

Double Agent
    ok for those of ya who dont know, i am simulating a 747-400 boeing passenger jet flying from Vancouver intl airport to Kenny intl.

the entire flight took about 5 hours, i was delayed for about an hour cuz i decided to do some stall tests at about 40,000 feet, i did stall the airplane delibrately for 3 times and have all recovered from certain deaths. also simulating a number of instruments failures such as avionics failures and engine failures.

the landing was a bit rough because the pre-programmed GPS approach was a bit confusing to read and took me about another 30 mins to figure out where to put the plane down.

everything went ok and i successfully landed in Kenny intl airport in newyork.....

i am pretty confident if i was ever in an air travel and the poilot and co-poilot suddently died because they are too busy having sex in the cockpit and had a heart attack i can take over and land the damn plane safely.

woot!!!

PS oh yes the simulator is called microsoft flight simulator 2004

great sim

2. Games   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    nice!

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Nice one m8. I doubt you would be able to fly a real plane though. Flight sim is a good attempt to replicate the flying of an aircraft but in reality its far from the real thing. Lots and lots of things they havent included,some on purpose etc. Prob why they keep bring out new versions. If i understand correctly the people responsible for september 11th used one of the versions of flight sim as a training tool.

andy257

4. Games   -   #4
    Double Agent
    wow yeah i've thought about that

it'll never be the same as the real thing but it's better to just sit there and spiral ur way to death. Not the way i like to die

yeah the US gov must have regulated it so that it'll never be a "complete" training tool cuz terroists can use it and train so i guess i'll just have my fun on my computer

anyway it's good to learn how to fly cuz i'll never do it in real life....i dont have 20/20 vision......

5. Games   -   #5
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    i am pretty confident if i was ever in an air travel and the poilot and co-poilot suddently died because they are too busy having sex in the cockpit and had a heart attack i can take over and land the damn plane safely.

ROFL, yea right&#33;

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by Barky@30 December 2003 - 18:34

ROFL, yea right&#33;
    And even if you could fly it, the door to the cockpit would be like steel and bolted thanks to the damn terrorists

7. Games   -   #7
    Double Agent
    mmm the master steward/stewardess would have the key to the cockpit.....

@barky wtf r u laughing at????? at least i went through training....

8. Games   -   #8
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@30 December 2003 - 18:53
    mmm the master steward/stewardess would have the key to the cockpit.....

@barky wtf r u laughing at????? at least i went through training....
    lol donīt be so god damn touchy. No offence intended...

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    Want a medal for absolute sadness.
    I cant believe you sat there for 5 hours playing a flight sim

Sad sad boy.

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    GJ Bond.

Where did u get the sim from, i would like to give it ago.

BTW they are pretty close to the real thing. This guy that used to be my neighboor flew Fighter jets for the Airforce, and he said that those flight sims are very realistic (the fighter jet ones anyway) and that a jet is flown 90% with the joystick the 10% is just what the Flight sims dont add because its boring crap like GPS, fuel richness and shit like that.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast