Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Can We Have A "verified" Section For All The Stuff

Poster
    Ah, your Belgian.

Sorry I didn't realise.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    This is why children throughout the world are taught English as a second language. So that they can deal on a worldwide basis.
    Hmmm, we got French here in Belgium....
    True, English is only our third language...
    so don't flame us when (or if) we make a mistake, ok?
    Do you even HAVE a third (or even a second) language? Do you know how hard it is to make sure your spelling is correct in Dutch, French AND English? (and german too, almost forgot...)

@Jetje, is sure am getting hungry, 'k ga mijnen wok aanzetten

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    Hello Jonne,

I trust you are having a pleasent day. You speak so many languages, that's really nice. You must have worked very hard at school to learn them all. Did you also go to further education and continue these studies ?

You are absolutely correct, I don't even have a second language to speak of. Tiny bit of French, just O Grade standard, so minimal at best. I really only did that because I needed it for something else I wanted to do. In fact I even managed to fail it the first time. There would be absolutely no point in me visiting a website in any language other than English, as I would be totally unable to read any of it. It never ceases to amaze me how well other people speak English. I am not being sarcastic when I say particularly the Dutch. It must be something about the way words are formed in both languages.

Anyway nice to meet you. Hope we can chat again.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    i just think it has more to do with being too lazy to read subtitles in english movies...
    it's a lot easier to just understand what they say, instead of reading it...
    and in other countries everything is dubbed...

now i'll get back 2 my wok...
    bye

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234