Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aol Broadband

KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    I am getting broadband and I don't want to switich providers as my current one is AOL. Yes yes I know people don't like AOL but they don't give a crap how long you use it for as long as you pay for it which is better then other providers who will try and stop you if you go over the limit. I want to hear other peoples opinion. I live in London so other ISP names are welcome because of now AOL stand on top on the list because it 1MB for £27.99 a month.

No stupid one liners like "AOL SUCKS!!" "AOHELL"

Please give professional and honest opinion

Thanks.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i got btinternet. it's pretty reliable and even with constant downloading ive only reach my cap twice in over a year, this just meant they gave us about 15 minutes a day for the last 2 or 3 days of the month

3. Lounge   -   #3
    sorry but I am not understanding what you ment by this line::
    this just meant they gave us about 15 minutes a day for the last 2 or 3 days of the month

4. Lounge   -   #4
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    if i really take the piss and download 24/7 its possible to reach my cap but this only happens near the end of the month so they i can only get on the net for about 10-15 minutes a day for the last few days (presumably for emails ). then on the first of the next month the clock gets set back to zero so i can take the piss again

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    i use plus.net, i pay £18 a month, have no cap and have not had any trouble in the 6 months i have used it.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    I'm using AOL broadband, only because certain other family members refuse to part with their email adds's.

I have to say it's.... great. I have none of the problems other people on these boards continually whine about. Speeds are consistantly decent - not great. Haven't had any downtime in over a year and a half.

But, yeah: AOL sucks.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    if you are in the UK i recommend these guys..they were voted isp of the year last year...not sure who by...but i used them when i lived in the uk and i have to say i got very fast very reliable service (i had a one meg line with p2p enabled) and they are a lot cheaper !!!!!

plusnet

ok i didn't read the first post about plunet...i paid 21.99 pcm and there was no limit on use whatsoever. Also i have to add that in all the time i used them i didn't get one piece of spam in my inbox

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I'm in the UK and use NTL broadband, the help line is crap but I DL about 2.5gigs a day and there is no kind of cap or limit (as far as I am aware).

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I don't know which one to go for. I want the £24.99 a month which has P2P enabled and more but do I have to install it as they claim?? What do you guys think? Which option is the best, help me on this one. I really do like AOL because of the chat but if I keep my internet connection on all the time, will plusnet say anything at all?? Thanks guys

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Go for the cheapest deal you can above 1/2mb with no cap - can't go wrong

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast