Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Not Enough Problems

  1. #1
    Whats up lately....??? My problem is not seeing enough problems listed. lol I'm wishing problems on nobody just extreemly bored.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    lol

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,233
    Originally posted by imnotanaddict@31 December 2003 - 02:12
    Whats up lately....??? My problem is not seeing enough problems listed. lol I'm wishing problems on nobody just extreemly bored.
    If you want an old problem which is/was particularly bad, how about this:

    I have multiple computers sharing a cablemodem, but when using Kazaa Lite I was seeing about 100 connection attempts a minute in the 192.168.x.x range. It was like my computer was either launching or receiving a Distributed Denial of Service attack!

    What do you think was the cause and what is possible solutions or workarounds?

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Switeck@31 December 2003 - 21:39
    If you want an old problem which is/was particularly bad, how about this:

    I have multiple computers sharing a cablemodem, but when using Kazaa Lite I was seeing about 100 connection attempts a minute in the 192.168.x.x range. It was like my computer was either launching or receiving a Distributed Denial of Service attack!

    What do you think was the cause and what is possible solutions or workarounds?
    are you ddos'ing yourself?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,233
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@31 December 2003 - 17:41
    are you ddos&#39;ing yourself?
    Not intentionally / on purpose.

    What do you think would cause that problem?

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Switeck+31 December 2003 - 21:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 31 December 2003 - 21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob@31 December 2003 - 17:41
    are you ddos&#39;ing yourself?
    Not intentionally / on purpose.

    What do you think would cause that problem? [/b][/quote]
    i don&#39;t know

    any psychiatric problems?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,233
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+31 December 2003 - 17:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 31 December 2003 - 17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Switeck@31 December 2003 - 21:52

    What do you think would cause that problem?
    i don&#39;t know [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s a real problem, although you&#39;d almost have to be a hacker to get as far as I mentioned (instead of just &#39;odd slowdowns&#39; in KL++.)

    I&#39;ll give you a hint -- it has to do with using a router with multiple computers...

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Switeck+31 December 2003 - 22:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 31 December 2003 - 22:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-imnotanaddict@31 December 2003 - 02:12
    Whats up lately....??? My problem is not seeing enough problems listed. lol I&#39;m&nbsp; wishing problems on nobody just extreemly bored.
    If you want an old problem which is/was particularly bad, how about this:

    I have multiple computers sharing a cablemodem, but when using Kazaa Lite I was seeing about 100 connection attempts a minute in the 192.168.x.x range. It was like my computer was either launching or receiving a Distributed Denial of Service attack&#33;

    What do you think was the cause and what is possible solutions or workarounds? [/b][/quote]
    My first guess would be that since kazaa has a "back door" for anonymous access to the "shared folder" that might be a direction to persue.
    My second guess would be a blaster worm..........but you say its only when running Kazaa. (and much to obvious)
    Can you give me anymore info or hints? lol
    Do you use a Cisco Router?
    Are you acting as supernodes?
    Buffer overflow, SYN Attack, LAND Attack, Teardrop Attack, Smurk Attack.
    LOL may be a touch out of my element here but interesting.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,233
    Originally posted by imnotanaddict@1 January 2004 - 13:09
    My first guess would be that since kazaa has a "back door" for anonymous access to the "shared folder" that might be a direction to persue.
    My second guess would be a blaster worm..........but you say its only when running Kazaa. (and much to obvious)
    Can you give me anymore info or hints? lol
    Do you use a Cisco Router?
    Are you acting as supernodes?
    Buffer overflow, SYN Attack, LAND Attack, Teardrop Attack, Smurk Attack.
    LOL may be a touch out of my element here but interesting.
    This is &#39;standard behavior&#39; of Kazaa and Kazaa Lite K++ if you&#39;re using a router.
    You just will only SEE this behavior if you&#39;re running a network monitoring program like NETSTAT or TCPview which shows ip-to-ip connections being made.

    I am using a Linksys router.

    There is both a workaround for this problem and a fix... and both are separate methods.

    As far as I know, this does NOT depend on sharing anything but seems to require having some/lots of unfinished downloads... especially ones with lots of sources.

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,233
    Ok, the PROBLEM is Kazaa/KL++ DOESN&#39;T do NAT translation correctly.

    If you&#39;re on a router and have a LAN ip of 192.168.x.x then IF you get a download source with someone ALSO on a LAN/ROUTER then they&#39;re probably ALSO on 192.168.x.x. Instead of Kazaa/KL++ reporting to OTHERS your INTERNET ip, it reports your LOCAL LAN ip&#33; So you get LOTS of sources with ips of 192.168.x.x and 10.x.x.x.

    So if you&#39;re on ip range 192.168.x.x and you have lots of downloads, Kazaa/KL++ tries to connect LOCALLY (in your 192.168.x.x address range instead of accross the internet) for those ips... and &#39;DoS attacks&#39; your LAN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •