Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not Enough Problems

Poster
    The workaround for this problem requires changing your whole LAN ip addresses to something NOT in the 192.168.x.x space OR 10.0.x.x space. This leaves 10.1.x.x to 10.255.x.x and 172.16.x.x to 172.31.x.x for use as your LAN ip which probably nobody on Kazaa/KL++ will be on if you pick a random one. You STILL won't be able to download from 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x sources, BUT you won't be 'DoS attacked' by them anymore.

The FIX requires using port-forwarding of the 1 ip port that KL++ uses from your router to your computer AND also running KaNAT with ASM auto-ip-replace mode on. Only problem with this is it causes immense slowdowns of a computer, especially if kept running for days without reboot. It can also cause you to get LOTS of upload requests for your shared files that accumulate quicker than KL++ can upload if you're on a fixed internet ip address AND sharing even semi-popular large (>10 MB) files.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I want to download vice city for PC but I can't get it to download with any speed

what do u recommend?

I have a very fast connection, I am getting this from like 10 sources with very very fast downloads themselves, and I still can't get it to download fast

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by chitowng09@4 January 2004 - 02:53
    I want to download vice city for PC but I can't get it to download with any speed

what do u recommend?

I have a very fast connection, I am getting this from like 10 sources with very very fast downloads themselves, and I still can't get it to download fast
    No doubt you aren't the ONLY person to find these 10 sources.

The file you want is no doubt >200 MB in size and extremely 'desireable' to boot, but would take a pretty long time to upload at 5 KB/sec per person.

So imagine 1,000+ others trying to download from those fast 10 sources at once. Is it any wonder you don't get an immediate download or even get remotely queued?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12