Thread: Aspect Ratio Help

I just recently got a dvd burner and I am learning how to use it my dvd burner came with the MYDVD program wich is ok but it doesnt keep the aspect ratio so when a widescreen movie I have downloaded is burned it changes it to 4:3. I either need to know how to fix this or what is a better program to use to burn using a liteon dvdwriter? thanx

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    simple...buy a tv-out card...

try encoding in tmpeg and then using nero...theres an option in tmpeg how to set the asspect ratio

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by page1111@31 December 2003 - 10:44
    I just recently got a dvd burner and I am learning how to use it my dvd burner came with the MYDVD program wich is ok but it doesnt keep the aspect ratio so when a widescreen movie I have downloaded is burned it changes it to 4:3. I either need to know how to fix this or what is a better program to use to burn using a liteon dvdwriter? thanx
    is it zooming in and chopping part of the picture off, or is it adding a letterbox and making it 4:3? 'cause if it's adding the letterbox (black borders), then it is preserving the aspect ratio. although for widescreen movies, you're better off encoding to 16:9 'cause it requires little or no padding with borders.

TmpgEnc can encode to 16:9 DVD format. but you'll need to use a separate DVD authoring program, to change the mpeg-2 file into a VOB set.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    after searching the forums I am still not sure wich programs are going to work bestl. I really like mydvd its a good program and really easy but like I said its making my screen shrunk together not giving the right ratio to a movie that is already in widescreen. I want to know whats easiest to make a dvd out of a downloaded file of about 700mb?