Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vcd Questions

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    a) Nero's .avi converter isn't very reliable - you're better off converting with TMPGenc first.

B) CD-RW's might not work in you DVD player. Try using a regular CD-R.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    CD-RW's compatibilty is no different from CD-R. He's smart to use CD-RW first just to test it and make sure it's working. I'm sure he doesn't want a coaster collection.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    BANNED
    thanks for all the help guys while the board was down i managed to encode with tmpge after exracting it from virtaldub and burn with nero it came up perfect/ and yes i was using the CRW till I got at least a piture rather then having 1000s of coasters

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Yea, using CD-RW's was a smart move. I use them also but too bad I don't have any DVD-RW's Besides, that coaster collection is nice if the CD's you used had different colors. But getting back to topic, adthomp, where are you?!? Are you still having problems?

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Originally posted by adthomp@25 February 2003 - 21:42
    thanks for all the help guys while the board was down i managed to encode with tmpge after exracting it from virtaldub and burn with nero it came up perfect/ and yes i was using the CRW till I got at least a piture rather then having 1000s of coasters
    That's good. I also solved my problem over the "break"... It's great sometimes when you have a sorta vacation

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Not all dvd players will play CD-RW's....mine will play vcd but not SVCD nor cdr nor cd-rw

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Supernatural@26 February 2003 - 00:23
    CD-RW's compatibilty is no different from CD-R.
    That's funny, I found several players listed here that play CD-R's but NOT CD-RW's.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    I'm lucky then because mine play's CD-RW's and I got it from Circuit City brand new for about $50

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Poster
    Well, I'm unlucky then because mine will only play cd-rw's, not cd-r's (which we all know are a crapload cheaper). So I either have to spend the money on cd-rws or get more hard drive space to hold all the ones that are playback ready but not on disc.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Also try next time with menu-options disabled.
    A lot of stand-alone DVD-players can't handle (s)VCDs with menu.
    If this works you can try in a later project inserting chapters.
    Try first on cdrw.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast