Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ares , Good Speeds , Good Files

Poster
    Originally posted by Bandit-Biker@6 January 2004 - 20:48
    This might sound like a dumb question but I've been using Ares all day and I still can't see how to browse peoples' files.

Also, there's the upload bandwidth issue. How do I limit upload bandwidth? I've got the box ticked for allowing more when the computer's idle but a full-on upload is a little much when I need to be doing other things

And... Who do I report a bug to? In the default download folder, I've selected it to be the same as the old KL default in C:\my shared folder but a click on the 'apply' button makes it go back to the C:\Program Files\Ares\My shared folder..
    to browse someones files, you have to go to the chat rooms and find one with the most shared files, then browse his/her files

Ares is a great P2P program..needs more users but at least you get no fake files, plus the RIAA is not much concern about small user base P2P's...they want Kazaa more than any other P2P networks out there...so share files in Ares with no fear my friends

I haven't used Kazaa Lite sense i found out about Ares...Ares and Bittorent is all i need for now

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by Sony@6 January 2004 - 21:32
    to browse someones files, you have to go to the chat rooms and find one with the most shared files, then browse his/her files
    Ahh, I see

So if I'm downloading or uploading from someone and want to see their files, I can't?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    i downloaded ares and it slowed my computer down alot this is not cool
    Signature removed, please check the board rules

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by icantwin@7 January 2004 - 00:45
    i downloaded ares and it slowed my computer down alot this is not cool
    i don't know why that happen to you? it doesn't do that to my computer though...perhops you got a old computer or something

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Bandit&#045;Biker+6 January 2004 - 23:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bandit-Biker @ 6 January 2004 - 23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sony@6 January 2004 - 21:32
    Ahh, I see

So if I&#39;m downloading or uploading from someone and want to see their files, I can&#39;t? [/b][/quote]
    right..you cant&#33;

and if you want to not let anyone to browse your files...go to right click Main, preference, and Privet masseges...unchek the ( allow browse of my library) that&#39;s it no one will se your files&#33;

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    This is good, I like this feature. You don&#39;t need to have file browsing enabled to see that someone is sharing files. You just have to trust it&#39;s not a program files&#39; folder with all the uncompressed stuff in it that&#39;s useless on it&#39;s own

I think I&#39;ll have an away message on most of the time as well, the requests I&#39;m getting for pr0n are stopping me from doing my work B)

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    njdhockey950003
    I used Ares for about 4 months and it worked great. However starting in early december it stopped working. the problem is it never connects and just says connecting. ive tried different versions of this and leaving it on for an hour and it still won&#39;t connect. i want to know if anyone has a solution as i don&#39;t want to move away from ares as i appreciate the nonfake files i can get from it.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by njdhockey950003@15 January 2004 - 06:58
    I used Ares for about 4 months and it worked great. However starting in early december it stopped working. the problem is it never connects and just says connecting. ive tried different versions of this and leaving it on for an hour and it still won&#39;t connect. i want to know if anyone has a solution as i don&#39;t want to move away from ares as i appreciate the nonfake files i can get from it.
    if you use a Firewall you need to let Ares have access to the Internet. That could be one of the problems you been having

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Help Me
    I love ares. But sometimes i can&#39;t find the things i want and from all the things i downloaded none were fake . I recommend just trying it but there are better P2P programs out there.

Utorrent is your friend .

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Very good program but not much files&#33;i do get good speed but it goes up and down alot..thanks for the tip

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast