Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ares , Good Speeds , Good Files

I tried yesterday about 10 p2p programs, i found Ares kind of Kazaa Lite clone to be very good. Good speeds , the same like with K-lite , hash links, Video-Audio previewing. Minus ? Only 16600 users .What about spyware ? Ares don't contain any spyware , ad-aware , you must uncheck the NavHelper when the installation begin and is ok.I checked after that with Ad-aware & Spybot.

http://www.softgap.com/

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I tried it awhile ago, it seems very unstebile.

EDIT: This one is pretty good, i am testing it now. Thanks for the info.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@1 January 2004 - 00:09
    I tried yesterday about 10 p2p programs, i found Ares kind of Kazaa Lite clone to be very good. Good speeds , the same like with K-lite , hash links, Video-Audio previewing. Minus ? Only 16600 users .What about spyware ? Ares don't contain any spyware , ad-aware , you must uncheck the NavHelper when the installation begin and is ok.I checked after that with Ad-aware & Spybot.

indeed..that's my choice of P2P client now.I'm done with FastTrack clients as they have more fake files from any other P2P programs out there. Plus the RIAA is doing a great job bringing down Kazaa...for now on I'm staying way from Kazaa cus is getting ridicules downloading fake files

Ares looks like Kazaa and files download fast like in Kazaa,except there are no fakes files in Ares...in my opinion Ares is the best next thing to FastTrack network

i suggest all of you K-Lite users switch to Ares...help a network that is worth the time and it's free of Spyware and addware..let Sherman rant in hell with the RIAA together

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Yeah, Ares has been very popular on my p2p site. It seems to be a growing network and client. I may try it in the future.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    It still doesn't quite do it for me...not so many higher bitrate files in my experience and the low user base means less rare/obscure stuff...

But I'm willing to be converted if I hear otherwise...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    it looks good ill give it a go
    Signature removed, please check the board rules

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by sharedholder@31 December 2003 - 23:09

Looks very nice, feels very nice too. I may just leave it on running side by side with 2.4.4 and see what happens

First impressions are very good and the user level is now just over 19,000 B)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Cool SH Il Try This Out

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    must admit i have been using ares for a while now its great.
    needs more users .

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    This might sound like a dumb question but I've been using Ares all day and I still can't see how to browse peoples' files.

Also, there's the upload bandwidth issue. How do I limit upload bandwidth? I've got the box ticked for allowing more when the computer's idle but a full-on upload is a little much when I need to be doing other things

And... Who do I report a bug to? In the default download folder, I've selected it to be the same as the old KL default in C:\my shared folder but a click on the 'apply' button makes it go back to the C:\Program Files\Ares\My shared folder..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast