Thread: User Ip-based File Browser

I have JUST released a new version of KazaaSearch which includes file browser.

19 Feb 2003 - version 2.3.6

1. User IP browser has been added to KazaaSearch. I suppose it is slightly better than DietK browser fo the following reasons:

1) it allows to discriminate between situations when user is just offline and when he is online but Kazaa is off/disconnected;
    2) it does NOT spoil the username that appears in Uploads and Search results, and hence, you can SEND A MESSAGE to that user. DietKaza changes username (adds random number and replaces @KaZaA -> @dietk.com) which prevents one from sending a Kazaa message to that user.

2. Refresh procedure (downloads accelerator) now expands multi-user downloads and sends "Find more sources" command to each individual item, thus increasing efficiency.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    This is my first post here..have read alot of posts in past few weeks and dont understand y u get such a hard time kazaasearch.Your tools and programs are brilliant and i use them all daily so THANKS

I have a question..i use your datviewer and find one of the IP's i want to browse but it has a port number of 0...y is this?and cant get your program to recognise this...hope this makes sense and thanks again

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by DefensiveThinking@20 February 2003 - 10:15
    This is my first post here..have read alot of posts in past few weeks and dont understand y u get such a hard time kazaasearch.Your tools and programs are brilliant and i use them all daily so THANKS

I have a question..i use your datviewer and find one of the IP's i want to browse but it has a port number of 0...y is this?and cant get your program to recognise this...hope this makes sense and thanks again
    you can practically always use default port 1214. if it's blocked, try 80. it is quite possible that kazaa reports zero port, it's not a bug of my program, i know such IPs exist in dat files.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    also my DatReader is much worse than standard Dat_view if you just want to see and copy-paste an IP.
    i distribute DatReader only for those who would like to get hash URLs (direct links to computer) of the partially dlded files. you can use these shortcuts to dload a file WITHOUT kazaa, just in reget or getright. it's NOT sig2dat link which is useless without kazaa.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    KazaaSearch users are recommended to get the recent version 2.3.7, in which i made serious effort to eliminate memory leakage bugs, and i seem to succeed. the kazaasearch.ieplugins.com site is dead for unknown reason, so get it at http://kazaasearch.narod.ru/KazaaSearch2.3.7.zip

the site it SLOW, i am telling you in advance.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    thanks for the link, i was about to ask for it

its pretty fast 0.8k speed

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by KazaaSearch@26 February 2003 - 08:19
    KazaaSearch users are recommended to get the recent version 2.3.7, in which i made serious effort to eliminate memory leakage bugs, and i seem to succeed. the kazaasearch.ieplugins.com site is dead for unknown reason, so get it at http://kazaasearch.narod.ru/KazaaSearch2.3.7.zip

I love your work gr8 prog KS i use it all the time ...
    i have q:
    1)can u add a Buddy list to the next ver so k-lite
    users can save in the list ther buddyes ?
    (if u Can pl'z add an msg op so we can send
    msg to the buddyes from the list without the
    need to move back to kazaa u/l win to send the msg)

2)Did u fixed this bug :
    i tryed to add item to the search but i don't want it to
    be d/l if KS findes same files so i can leve it at nhight to
    search the files i d/l so k-lite will add this users to the dat file...
    BUT all the seting i do still its d/l if it finds users with files match the search ...

3)Can u add an op so whan i use IP BROWSER i can pick an ip+port from 1 of me dat files ?

Btw are you a Female or a male ?
    10x any way and i love your prog ...
    all are sugastians nhating more ...
    if u want more idea tall me ...
    Btw2 in u'r signature ther is still a link to the dead site of KS ...

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by zeos100+26 February 2003 - 20:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zeos100 @ 26 February 2003 - 20:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--KazaaSearch@26 February 2003 - 08:19

I love your work gr8 prog KS i use it all the time ...
    i have q:
    1)can u add a Buddy list to the next ver so k-lite
    users can save in the list ther buddyes ?
    (if u Can pl&#39;z add an msg op so we can send
    msg to the buddyes from the list without the
    need to move back to kazaa u/l win to send the msg)

2)Did u fixed this bug :
    i tryed to add item to the search but i don&#39;t want it to
    be d/l if KS findes same files so i can leve it at nhight to
    search the files i d/l so k-lite will add this users to the dat file...
    BUT all the seting i do still its d/l if it finds users with files match the search ...

3)Can u add an op so whan i use IP BROWSER i can pick an ip+port from 1 of me dat files ?

Btw are you a Female or a male ?
    10x any way and i love your prog ...
    all are sugastians nhating more ...
    if u want more idea tall me ...
    Btw2 in u&#39;r signature ther is still a link to the dead site of KS ...[/b][/quote]
    1. I am neither male nor female, I am e-male
    just a joke. where have you seen female programmers?

2. KS site is dead and old site at narod.ru is too slow and doesn&#39;t support counters, SSI, scripts, forum, etc.

3. I have found Soulseek network for myself. It has all kind of stuff one can dream about, and hence i believe KS project is dead.
    Soulseek has wishlist - an automatic active file searcher. it notifies you as soon as a user with your wishstuff goes online. that&#39;s the advantage of having a central server... Soulseek has buddy lists, chatrooms, excellent messaging system and much more. It allows to search many files at a time and have dozens of open windows with user messages, file browsers, chats etc.
    Soulseek is a community of conscious and conscientious people who share mostly complete CDs and rare vinyl. It is the only place where you can get almost all vinyl on Earth. It is a community of djs, artists and great fans of electronic music.

http://www.slsk.org will be my new signature. I am not interested in Kazaa anymore.

So, thanks for using my stuff, have a good day and ... good-bye...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by KazaaSearch@27 February 2003 - 08:58
    1. I am neither male nor female, I am e-male
    just a joke. where have you seen female programmers?

2. KS site is dead and old site at narod.ru is too slow and doesn&#39;t support counters, SSI, scripts, forum, etc.

3. I have found Soulseek network for myself. It has all kind of stuff one can dream about, and hence i believe KS project is dead.
    Soulseek has wishlist - an automatic active file searcher. it notifies you as soon as a user with your wishstuff goes online. that&#39;s the advantage of having a central server... Soulseek has buddy lists, chatrooms, excellent messaging system and much more. It allows to search many files at a time and have dozens of open windows with user messages, file browsers, chats etc.
    Soulseek is a community of conscious and conscientious people who share mostly complete CDs and rare vinyl. It is the only place where you can get almost all vinyl on Earth. It is a community of djs, artists and great fans of electronic music.

http://slsk.org will be my new signature. I am not interested in Kazaa anymore.

So, thanks for using my stuff, have a good day and ... good-bye...
    Are you planing to relese the source code 4 KS so users can cuntinu your gr8 program it will be a blow
    to loss so talnted programer in ower communty but i will chack this slsk
    BTW the link in the signature is not working ... [change it to http://www.slsk.org so it will work]
    if you can Update pl&#39;z the satrt page of your site saying the progact hade ended so ppl will know ...
    Plz releese the source code 4 KS is you don&#39;t want it sprading give it to Paul or Roco i bilave they will
    know how to continue this progact and i Know thay will save the source code 4 KS and will not sprad it with out ur prmsian ...
    10x man
    i hope to see you on Slsk im in to musik 2 if it will give me same good resoult i will use it to make my
    friand (is a dj) guless a litall bicuz he start to be a litall fishi on sharing with me musik but its ok he cams 1s a week
    to chack the musik i d/l from the net ...
    butam line have a gr8 day and cya aruand ...

&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; AND 10x ON KS &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;