Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quite Serious Problem

Try to install and run Nod32 from Edskes site.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@1 January 2004 - 16:01
    this might be an alternative to formatting, from the ever helpful symantec website:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen.../w32.pinfi.html
    actually that didnt work exactly...it just told you how to get rid of the virus.... however ur files are still messed up

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    w32.pate is an evil virus i had to format both my hdrives and lost everything

Question is there a anti v program that can detect this virus and get rid of it??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    NOD32 is the best , but is a pain in ass to find the pass for the updates, the better way is to buy it if you want a really good protection.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    I think the culprit may be Mirc, if you downloaded it from kazaa network. I downloaded an infected version of the client. The virus tried to infect me (PC - not me personally ), but i knew better . I think viruses have to get up very early in the morning to compromise my system

Re-format hard drive and re-install windows and install the AV software first. Install all the other software except Mirc and do a virus scan.
    Robert00000

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    okay but i didnt dl mirc of kazaa, i got it straight off the site, so i dont think thats it, but somethin is and i'm pissed
    nod32 found a fuck lot of stuff too
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    BANNED
    NO! this virus doesnt spread like most viruses..... this virus infected me because after a lan party (where we shared our....cough pr0n ), i forgot to disable sharing of my drives (and the option to let other ppl in the network to edit/modify my files), and the virus JUST GOT INSIDE.... because all it does is look for sharing access where the biotch can crawl into....

went by my computer like running water.... when nero gave me the error that the application had been modify and that it could be a virus, i installed mcafee.... and unsuccessfully removed it. why? because the mcafee .exe got infected as well, and mcafee couldnt remove it because the file was being used (because i was scanning for virii) so i had to format. It was the dumbest mistaked i ever made..... now i never close my mcafee, no matter if it takes up resources or anything.... btw i've had experience with norton AV.... and i recommend to stay AWAY from it. besides from the fact of being a resource hogger, its engine SUCKS..... so i recommend mcafee (never got a virus when i had it....not even msblast....and i dont have ANY UPDATES.... im running the FIRST winxp version) or as some other ppl tell me, AVG.

i recommend let the info on your computer go, and clean format the SOB to get rid of it.

hope you work it out

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    I would still leave Mirc till last, because the developer's machine could be infected, its made by a guy not a big company.

You should always keep a virus scanner running however much resource it takes, because it can stop a virus before it can do any damage.

Use Ctrl Alt Delete to shutdown the virus if it is running. It will also familiarise you with your systems normal running proccess, so you can identify anything that shouldnt be there.

If a virus has infected it will be stored within the system restore volume, so you need to delete the reference points of system restore by shuting it down on all drives and then re-starting it.

As for virus scanners, i use ontrack systemsuite 4, its less resource consuming than many other scanners. I would keep away from Norton, i've had bad experiences of it too.
    Robert00000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12