Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ntl 1gb Download Limit

I don't know if this has been posted before as I can't search for NTL (only 3 Characters)

h**p://www.dont-pay-ntl.co.uk/

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't see why that's much of a problem. Even if you got a full 50k/bytes per second downloads speed, you could still be on for a quarter of the day at full speed.

You're paying for the speed, rather than the amount, and they have to put a limit somewhere. I know that BT broadband have the same restriction (leaflet arrived in the post a few days ago).

As for considering going back to 56k, you're very stupid if you think that, since even 24 hours a day internet access (which is against the conditions of most UK ISPs), you can't download anything like a Gigabyte per day - and a flat rate package will cost you around 1/2 the price of broadband just for that.

Fair enough, these broadband packages won't let you download at full speed 24 hours a day - but you're still getting an infinately better service than people (like me), who live in the 35% of the UK that STILL can't access the internet above 56kbs, whatever price we pay!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    yeah, lifes a bitch...by far the best ISP is the one im with

£22.99 per month, unlimited .5 M bit. I have a router and so am technically connected 24/7, no prob. regularly dload about 1.5 gig per day.

ditch ntl, tell them you want your connection and activation costs back, cos they're going against what you agreed to when you signed up. then ditch them, tell them your going back to bt phone, and then they'll sh1t themselves.
    <insert signature here>

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by PinkPig@17 February 2003 - 19:26
    Maybe I&#39;m missing something, but I really don&#39;t see why that&#39;s much of a problem. Even if you got a full 50k/bytes per second downloads speed, you could still be on for a quarter of the day at full speed.

You&#39;re paying for the speed, rather than the amount, and they have to put a limit somewhere. I know that BT broadband have the same restriction (leaflet arrived in the post a few days ago).

As for considering going back to 56k, you&#39;re very stupid if you think that, since even 24 hours a day internet access (which is against the conditions of most UK ISPs), you can&#39;t download anything like a Gigabyte per day - and a flat rate package will cost you around 1/2 the price of broadband just for that.

Fair enough, these broadband packages won&#39;t let you download at full speed 24 hours a day - but you&#39;re still getting an infinately better service than people (like me), who live in the 35% of the UK that STILL can&#39;t access the internet above 56kbs, whatever price we pay&#33;
    Firstly I&#39;m not STUPID. You must be if you couldn&#39;t work out that the link isn&#39;t written by me it&#39;s just a link to more info
    secondly why should I pay 35 quid for 1GB per day

And finally I signed up to NTL&#39;s unlimited service and they take it away without even telling me

If you can&#39;t see that sucks then I suggest you go back to your cave on Mars, Close your eyes and put you&#39;re fingers back in your ears.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I&#39;m on NTLbroadband and heard about this..

I think ive broke 1 gig in a day im not sure, im only on 128kilobit connection.. I dont really think about it, just use it how I like, if they choose to harass me ill do as above, threaten to change isp etc.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by pw3n@17 February 2003 - 19:44
    I&#39;m on NTLbroadband and heard about this..

I think ive broke 1 gig in a day im not sure, im only on 128kilobit connection.. I dont really think about it, just use it how I like, if they choose to harass me ill do as above, threaten to change isp etc.
    I think that&#39;s what most ppl will do, Me included

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    threaten to change isp
    yeah, you&#39;ve got em by the balls, cos if you want to change to a normal ADSL ISP, then you need a BT phone line...bye bye NTL, then theyre stuffed
    <insert signature here>

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    ive got an ntl 512k connection, from reading this forum it think ive realised why im now downloading a program at 0.59Kb/s

Talk about slowly but surely...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by WhiteDevil2@17 February 2003 - 20:27
    ive got an ntl 512k connection, from reading this forum it think ive realised why im now downloading a program at 0.59Kb/s

Talk about slowly but surely...
    Mine also, I am not sure if there&#39;s a cap or they are trying to drive away large users by fucking with their connection
    or it may be they have problems, but I doubt that

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I sent all the NTL people from http://www.generally-bored.co.uk/email.htm a slightly annoyed and (imo) well written e-mail..

And reported them at http://www.oftel.gov.uk/consumer/advice/co...ct_us/step3.htm

Just wanted to do my bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast