Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For A Book

Poster
    Always wanted to know some basic programming....

2. Lounge   -   #2
    what language would you like to learn?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@23 November 2003 - 22:18
    what language would you like to learn?
    by languaje you mean : If possible in spanish (easier 4 me 2 understand
    But if not english will do

If you mean computer languaje......Just the basics of making a very small program, altering existing programs

Thanx

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    You just asked a loaded question. It would be better to state a specific goal such as: build a website, create games, become a programmer, write a MS-Word Macro, etc...

There are many computer languages for many situations: pascal, C, C++, cobol, JCL, Basic, Pearl, SQL, Visual Basic, Java, Fortran...etc.

When I went to college, pascal was used as a learning tool but it&#39;s not used in the real world. C is a good language to start with and will help you if you decide to learn C++, Visual C, etc. I do not recommend learning an object oriented or visual language as your first language (some may disagree). Languages like Visual Basic does not mean it&#39;s a simple language. To date, I have learn Pascal, C, C++, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, COBOL, Fortran, JCL, IMS, Telon, SQL, DB2, just to name a few.

"Altering existing programs" is not as simple as it sounds. If you have the source code, it would be pretty easy. But if you don&#39;t, that&#39;s hacker territory or at least a few years of serious programming experience. Source codes and compiled code are very different things. This will only make sense if you understand what a compiler does.

Like I said, give a specific goal and I&#39;m sure someone can point you towards the right direction.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@24 November 2003 - 02:54
    You just asked a loaded question. It would be better to state a specific goal such as: build a website, create games, become a programmer, write a MS-Word Macro, etc...

There are many computer languages for many situations: pascal, C, C++, cobol, JCL, Basic, Pearl, SQL, Visual Basic, Java, Fortran...etc.

When I went to college, pascal was used as a learning tool but it&#39;s not used in the real world. C is a good language to start with and will help you if you decide to learn C++, Visual C, etc. I do not recommend learning an object oriented or visual language as your first language (some may disagree). Languages like Visual Basic does not mean it&#39;s a simple language. To date, I have learn Pascal, C, C++, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, COBOL, Fortran, JCL, IMS, Telon, SQL, DB2, just to name a few.

"Altering existing programs" is not as simple as it sounds. If you have the source code, it would be pretty easy. But if you don&#39;t, that&#39;s hacker territory or at least a few years of serious programming experience. Source codes and compiled code are very different things. This will only make sense if you understand what a compiler does.

Like I said, give a specific goal and I&#39;m sure someone can point you towards the right direction.
    I think that c will do to start such as you speak of it to begin with
    Where do i get an e-book with this?

thanx 4 the info

ps:I want to know what is the source code

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by CoolMac@24 November 2003 - 04:03
    I think that c will do to start such as you speak of it to begin with
    Where do i get an e-book with this?

thanx 4 the info

ps:I want to know what is the source code
    You&#39;re going to find out that C ebooks are harder to find than C++. Here&#39;s some C++ ebooks: http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=31855.

My advice is go to a bookstore or amazon.com and look at the selections available and read the customer response to the book. You&#39;ll find most programming books will clearly state what credentials are required to study.

BTW, source code is code written by the programmer in a specifec programming language. The compiler converts the source code into a format the computer understands (binary and hex).

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    like sending encripted e-mails??

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@24 November 2003 - 03:26

http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=31855.

plenty of stuff.....

9. Lounge   -   #9
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You should try some of the second hand shops Mac. You find a lot of old computer books in them. &#39;C&#39; can prove difficult for some people just learning. Pascal is a better introductory language and is generally used as a precursor to &#39;C&#39; in some colleges.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    thinking it twice it looks too much difficult 4 a begginer.....

however you said that it&#39;s better 4 begginers??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast