Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Has Gone Too Far?

Knowledge is Power
    Can you stay on topic?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    After reading your responses, the picture is becoming clearer. I quit, too!
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Knowledge is Power
    Originally posted by Nimdock@1 January 2004 - 17:55
    Can you stay on topic?
    What am I saying?

It's the lounge.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nimdock@1 January 2004 - 22:55
    Can you stay on topic?
    dont blame me, blame the turkey.

Besides theres nothing to discuss, this is just hobbes typical ramblings where he expects no reply or answer

5. Lounge   -   #15
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Your concerns are well warrented i guess hobbes.

Speaking for myself and one who has "left twice", i am beginning to understand my own feelings regarding these forums. Being of the elder generation it took me a while to understand, but its becoming clearer. Most young people here dont really know anything else, they spend a lot of time on the Internet, just surfing but mostly chatting or online games, downloading stuff etc. For them its real though, its as real as the world outside is. So when things happen here, thay are taken very seriously. So serious that fights and tensions build up very quickly. Much like they would outside in the real world if the same thing were to happen between workmates or buddies.

However, some of us "oldies", those of us who are still young at heart and want to be a part of this are still trying to grasp all this so when tensions rise, we react much the same way as we would i guess utside -except it aint quite the same and our enemies (for want of a better word) are faceless and voiceless. This amplifies the problem, so we react in the only way we know how - we leave.

Now, i have no idea why lynx is leaving and to be honest its his own problem and one he alone can explain or not. Also a lot of people are realising that "ah ha" there is a world outside k-lite and the hassles here are just not worth it compaired to whats being offered in the real world.

My advice is and one i am trying hard to achieve, is not to spend so much time here and not to take all at face value or so seriously. Life exists beyond this place and it aint worth your mental health believing otherwise.

Peace
    UKMan

6. Lounge   -   #16
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    alrighty then. i'm ready

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by noname12+1 January 2004 - 23:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (noname12 &#064; 1 January 2004 - 23:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nimdock@1 January 2004 - 22:55
    Can you stay on topic?
    dont blame me, blame the turkey.

Besides theres nothing to discuss, this is just hobbes typical ramblings where he expects no reply or answer [/b][/quote]
    No, I want an answer, why all the melodrama. I think this forum and is a supplement to a normal persons social interaction.

A post does not go to the lounge because it wants to highjacked, but because it is not P2P related.

This post could also go into "about this forum", but this is where the heart of the forum lies.

BTW, for a rambler, I am rather succinct.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Meh, there must be a insult in there somewhere?

What answer do you think your gonna get, 50% will be that there all "Drama queens" the other 50% will come out with "It depends on each person, you&#39;d have to ask them" Either they got offended and left or decided to see what colour the sky is. Nothing big really.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    The post states, "is there something deeper going on here related to the administration that is causing people to leave"?

On the surface, flames and stupidity are stable, but the people who are leaving are rather mature members and those involved with producing a better k-lite program.

I want some insight into the unseen inner workings of this site.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Knowledge is Power

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast