Thread: Important

If you use KL, i advise you to use Peerguardian - it will block most fake files and most ips that are linked to scanning activities.

( see link below )

Greez ! B)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    It is better to plug Peer Guardian's blocklist (guarding.p2p) into KL++'s blocklist file (BannedIpRanges.txt).

They're both TEXT files and identical in structure.
    Open in Wordpad or WORD -- most Notepad versions cannot handle text files over 64 KB.

All that has to be done is copying guarding.p2p to the KL++'s BannedIpRanges folder and renaming it to BannedIpRanges.txt.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    do they work with Clean Kazaa

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Ahh just use the IP block list converter http://www.bluetack.co.uk/convert.html
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by supersonic@2 January 2004 - 19:39
    Ahh just use the IP block list converter http://www.bluetack.co.uk/convert.html
    You only need the blocklist converter if you want to SORT the list -- KL++ will use the list in any case as both KL++ and Peer Guardian use the same LIST format.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    YOu can use the converter to change the IP list in any format you want, in addition to sorting them and deleting duplicates, but Kl k++&#39;s list is the same as p33r guardian in my computer @ leaset.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    If you use peer guardian it will block bad connections through other programs like msn messenger. So elimating their adds

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    KL++&#39;s internal ip blocker has some ability to block UDP packets (the ones TO bad ips.)

Peer Guardian can only block TCP packet traffic, and as such is less secure for KL++.

However, Peer Guardian can block bad connections through other programs like msn messenger -- which use TCP packet traffic.

KL++&#39;s blocker ONLY blocks KL++ traffic.