Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Us To Fingerprint & Photograph All Visa Travellers

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I find this ridiculous
    and totally agree with Brazils Move

BBC today

From 5 January, travellers from all countries which need a visa to enter the US will undergo the same checks.

A Brazilian judge has announced that US citizens will be fingerprinted and photographed on entering the country

Judge Julier Sebastiao da Silva was reacting to US plans to do the same to Brazilians entering the United States

"I consider the act absolutely brutal, threatening human rights, violating human dignity, xenophobic and worthy of the worst horrors committed by the Nazis," Federal Judge Julier Sebastiao da Silva said in the court order.

Washington's new rules are part of increased anti-terrorism measures.

They aim to identify people who have violated immigration controls, have a criminal record or belong to groups that WAshington has on its list of "terrorist" organisations.
    SOURCE

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    I agree with any measures that will catch or stop terr'sts from entering countries to do their slimy deeds. let them stay in their own shitholes and blow themselves up.
    Man U fer eva

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    I think its a good idea.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    What if we use Mastercard?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    you have to remember that despite what is said the USA isn't the "land of the free" and that they are not paranoid as the world really is out to get them.
    i have lived here for some time now and i have to say that the American people are wonderful friendly people that are always interested in hearing about the world beyond their lands.
    please don't think that the new laws for outsiders are the wishes of every US citizen...blame the political arena...

incidentally, did you know that if you are from a country that doesn't require a visa to enter the USA but you have ever been arrested..not charged, just arrested...you need a visa to enter

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    They can photgraph me, take my fingerprints and a DNA sample if they want.

I have no problem with it and think that saying

"I consider the act absolutely brutal, threatening human rights, violating human dignity, xenophobic and worthy of the worst horrors committed by the Nazis," Federal Judge Julier Sebastiao da Silva said in the court order.
    "
    is idiotic.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by J'Pol@2 January 2004 - 09:53

"
    is idiotic.
    why?

that may be ok to u but it's not ok with me.

I am an upstanding citizen and why should I be treated like a criminal?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Why shouldn't the US ( or any other state, for that matter) have the right to know who is coming into the country?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+2 January 2004 - 20:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez &#064; 2 January 2004 - 20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@2 January 2004 - 09:53

"
    is idiotic.
    why?

that may be ok to u but it&#39;s not ok with me.

I am an upstanding citizen and why should I be treated like a criminal?[/b][/quote]
    You really agree that taking photographs and fingerprints is " .... worthy of the worst horrors committed by the Nazis,"

So attempted genocide, concentration camps, the murder of millions of civilians equates to taking your photograph and or fingerprints.

I say again, it is idiotic to suggest such a thing. I will go further it is deeply offensive. It seems that the American authorities can do no right in some people&#39;s eyes. They try to protect their citizens and become "Nazis". If they do nothing they are reckless.

Give it a feckin rest.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@2 January 2004 - 18:53

"
    is idiotic.
    yep i have no problem with them doing that at customs.

Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast