Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alle Nederlanders Let Op!

Mivaro's Avatar _________
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@25 February 2003 - 23:30
    Dank u iedereen...wow the web is great

you see?

dutch is'nt that hard...

when you all reach a conclusion, could someone post a quick translation for all us non-dutch speakers, may be of interest
    ok, doen we..
    'English impaired'

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Actually, if you know German, and a little Latin helps, and you keep an open mind, you can puzzle most of it out. Spraak u Engels?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    ok, doen we
    Dank u

en,

Actually, if you know German, and a little Latin helps, and you keep an open mind, you can puzzle most of it out. Spraak u Engels?
    i can (could??) speak German, but that'd require delving deep into my brain, not sure if it's a good idea...don't know what I might find en Ja spreek ik engels
    <insert signature here>

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Oops&#33; I didn&#39;t check the spelling in my Dutch/English dictionary. (g) I&#39;m fairly fluent in German, although I speak it with a slight Austrian accent. I&#39;ve always considered Dutch, along with Danish, to be the most challenging, so far as pronunciation is concerned - at least among the Indo-European family. What&#39;s the word for ditch? "gracht?" Now there&#39;s a challenge. The front "R" to the back "CH" is tough. A good test in German is Aussprache ("pronunciation"). The back "R" and back "CH" defeat most English speakers. Also, the "AU" vowel is subtly different from its English counterpart. It&#39;s a good test of, well, pronunciation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12