Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Napster Gets A New Lease Of Life

I buy cds if i liked the band... eventually... because i feel that the band should get money for making great music. and i've acctually found alot of bands because of p2p which in turn made me buy more cds. If people were like me the world would be a better palce lol.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    todzuallen: lol

you see the one thing i hate about buying CD's its because they cost bewteen 15-22$ dollers. I'm sorry but for one CD thats alot. well if it has more then one CD it might cost more, not sure. this is crazy rates. I rather spend it on food and drinks

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I am like you...

Does this make me a good person?

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    A wonderful, loving and caring person you are... if your a person like me

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by lunatacs@26 February 2003 - 15:01
    you see the one thing i hate about buying CD's its because they cost bewteen 15-22$ dollers. I'm sorry but for one CD thats alot.
    Could those inflated prices be a direct result of people who stopped buying music because they can download it for free? Let's not kid ourselves. Over 80% of my music collection was downloaded from the web. However, when I find an artist that I really like, I spend the money and buy the CD. In fact, I find the $20 a small price to pay for a professionally packaged CD. In addition, many times I want the liner notes and song lyrics that come with a store bought CD. That is worth the price of admission where I come from. --

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    imported_computerfreak76
    ill be totally honest i haven't bought a cd since early '99. the main reason being the price, the other main reason is why pay for what you can get for free?

if the riaa really want to get something done about file-sharing maybe they should lower the price of cd's but that will never happen because they are some greedy money hungry motherfuckers!!

so fuck the riaa don't pay for any cd's download everything from kazaa-lite.
    if the 4 million users that already use kazaa-lite stop buying and more join maybe it will hit them in the pocket hard enough to make them lower cd prices.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    [QUOTE] Jibbler Could those inflated prices be a direct result of people who stopped buying music because they can download it for free?

No, because the prices depands on the artist and how the people view the artist. that's how it affects the prices. Although since because of the p2p programs out their can be used to get any songs you want, that too may be why the prices are high. Nevertheless, spending money on the things you can get for free, either you wasting money or just bored and have nothing else to do. Then again sometimes, its good having two cd's in bewteen all other burned ones

anyway, its still a good point but i don't think so B)

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    My question to you guys is... how long with this last?

Klite/kazaa is easily the biggest, (well fastrack) network for files, legitimate and copyrighted. How long before something is done to put a lock on the network? Isnt Fastrack in court now? We cant think this is going to last forever, do we?

I dunno. At the rate piracy is going, I find it hard to belive that some drastic measures wont be taken eventually. wether thats indivual prosecution, etc.

Comments?

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by kAb@26 February 2003 - 04:34
    i wouldn't mind paying up to 10 bucks a month for free everything, i mean, if kazaa kept getting bigger, and millions of people stopped going to movies, nobody would make movies anymore cause there would be no money in it.
    well if nobody made the movies for the cineama then how would it be possible to share them
    <span style='color:red'>Eagle one, this is God in position.</span>

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by computerfreak76@27 February 2003 - 03:26
    if the riaa really want to get something done about file-sharing maybe they should lower the price of cd&#39;s but that will never happen because they are some greedy money hungry motherfuckers&#33;&#33;
    Thats the point. I would be willing to pay about 10&#036; for a CD and I also buy some but its just to expensive after a while.

The same applies to movies and games too.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast