Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Ever Happened To...

UKMan's Avatar Poster
    hobbes - you never cease to amaze me B) - nicely of course

2. Lounge   -   #22
    I'm just trying to point out that this forum is still better than a swift kick in the nuts.

I wonder what has gotten people so ready to move on.

For cro-magnon posters such as myself, I have become impervious to much of the crap.

I wonder if those who have really made contributions to the forum can give me insight into an aspect of this forum I may not be aware of.

Truthfully, I really enjoy this place. I understand Lilmiss being gone, but why are Jonno, Titey, Ron, FC and others becoming such sporadic contributors. What would make Lynx go away?

I know I take a break from time to time, but where else can you get such a global audience to discuss thoughts openly.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #23
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    i was actually reffering to your shaven nuts, but point well taken and i shall try to enlighten you when i find out B)

Peace
    UKMan

4. Lounge   -   #24
    I like this forum

5. Lounge   -   #25
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@3 January 2004 - 06:32
    I like this forum
    You must do, you,ve been here 3 days longer than me - so therefore you are an Elder and respected member - maybe you can enlighten our bald balled friend? B)

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@2 January 2004 - 23:25
    but where else can you get such a global audience to discuss thoughts openly.
    r u sure you're not internet.news?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by hobbes@3 January 2004 - 00:25
    Truthfully, I really enjoy this place. I understand Lilmiss being gone, but why are Jonno, Titey, Ron, FC and others becoming such sporadic contributors. What would make Lynx go away?
    We all take breaks from time to time. I can only speak for a couple of those whom you've listed, Ron, for one, will return, he has given me his solemn oath. Jonno does go in spurts (no euphemism intended) with his posting, I think recent criticisms he's received regarding his "style" of posts, and the rash of arguing that's descended on the lounge of late have had a hand in that. Those of us that have been around for a long time know that it's a phase, tempers flare, people calm down and slowly begin posting again. It's not the first time we've seen it happen and surely won't be the last.

What I can say about all of it is that though it may be just a forum, it's also been the meeting place for a lot of us, and some lasting friendships, internet or otherwise, have been sparked here. This is what draws me back, time and time again.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by NikkiD+3 January 2004 - 02:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD &#064; 3 January 2004 - 02:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@3 January 2004 - 00:25
    Truthfully, I really enjoy this place.&nbsp; I understand Lilmiss being gone, but why are Jonno, Titey, Ron, FC and others becoming such sporadic contributors.&nbsp; What would make Lynx go away?
    We all take breaks from time to time. I can only speak for a couple of those whom you&#39;ve listed, Ron, for one, will return, he has given me his solemn oath. Jonno does go in spurts (no euphemism intended) with his posting, I think recent criticisms he&#39;s received regarding his "style" of posts, and the rash of arguing that&#39;s descended on the lounge of late have had a hand in that. Those of us that have been around for a long time know that it&#39;s a phase, tempers flare, people calm down and slowly begin posting again. It&#39;s not the first time we&#39;ve seen it happen and surely won&#39;t be the last.

What I can say about all of it is that though it may be just a forum, it&#39;s also been the meeting place for a lot of us, and some lasting friendships, internet or otherwise, have been sparked here. This is what draws me back, time and time again.[/b][/quote]
    Huzzah&#33;

What you said, Nikki&#33;

Hobbes only leaves here to see his barber, and only then on special occasions.

Though I like this place, I am a slave to fashionable gestures, and would, as UKMan has suggested, leave, however temporarily, just to raise my stock here or make you all cry at my absence.

I mean, FC used to leave every time he had to shit; I, on the other hand, would be doing something a bit less exciting.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #29
    I like it because its got more freedom then any other forum ive been to.

FFS, their is a forum for a program called evolutionX for the xbox and this guy asked where he can download it from and the thread got closed.

Like WTF&#33;&#33;

On this forum, we can talk about whatever the fuck we want

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Poster
    this was the first ever forum i joined i like this place too i sped far to much time here. I have been up all night sitting watching this forum

i need sleep :helpsmile:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast